Someone buy this before I do...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Through a hack? I thought the early ones were just over parking lot speed.

Well I guess technically it's all through a hack since the feature wasn't available in the US but yeah, you code it to enable it and then you can code it to raise the speed. It looks like initially it was 37mph and now they've got it up to 67mph which is perfectly acceptable for most situations.

Still, there's some limitations. Unlike Autopilot, it needs to be locked onto a car in front of it and it's apparently nowhere near as smooth as autopilot but still. For a legitimate traffic only solution, which is how I primarily use Autopilot in LA, that's so cool.

If I had a place to put this car I'd buy it but my neighbors are starting to catch on to my bad habit and while they've been cool about it so far, today one of them asked me to move the Maserati and politely asked if I could maybe start parking it in front of my carport when it's not rented. Nothing aggressive or angry but I have a feeling if I rolled up with car number 5 tomorrow a feeling of frustration would wash over him and I'm not quite sure I'd blame him.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I offered 20k. At that price I can slide out of the Q5 and into the 535 with no monetary hit. I fully expect them to say no but I also said that in my offer and told them that if they find they can't sell the car and they get to a point where they'd say yes on that price to drop me a line and I'd drop by in my Ferrari powered Italian Brinks truck and make it rain on them.

Well, maybe I didn't say it quite like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info