SOMEONE BUY THIS BADASS 3RD GEN

Outlaw

Reaction score
NOT MINE
I do not know the owner, was posted on my Facebook by a friend of mine.... It's somebody he knows, but I can put you in touch.

For sale: 87 GTA. New white paint, 17" torque thrusts, 95 corvette lt1, t56 trans, very nice 4th gen leather interior with console. owner is moving to az 5k takes it in the next 4 days. appraised at 10 and some change
I was just told the trans and clutch is brand new, 0 miles. Rebuilt by FLT (owner works/ worked there). Definatley a cool car, I would pick it up if my Galant sold miraculously within the next couple days....

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
You and me both man, you and me both.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
I'd buy it to flip but I can't see that I'd really make anything on it. I saw a bunch of GTAs going for around this price with lower miles. Are these cars just not worth much?

Speaking of which, what are the miles on it?

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
I agree, Mike. I'd say around $7,000 if you were willing to wait possibly 2-3 months to sell it to someone who really wanted it. Very niche audience.

For me, I'd rather use the same money to turn around 3-5 everyday cars. Opportunity cost outweighs the reward for that.

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
At the price it's at now, it's a definate deal for someone to buy and enjoy, though.

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
I'd need to know a lot more about a car that has a motor swap before even thinking about it... HP numbers, mods, mileage on body and motor, etc...

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
You know what I know, if you're truely interested, I can put you in touch with the owner.

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Fawk.... I think right now, with me going back to school full time in two weeks, the only third gen I *should* jump on is a right priced trans am TT and obviously that ain't gunna happen. Is he "firm" on the price? Is the T56 a 5 speed or 6? What kind of MPGs would something like this get? I'll pass the listing along to my brother...

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
T-56's are 6 speeds, he is very firm on the price, is listed for $7,500 on CL, but he's moving soon I guess... LT1 6-speed would probably get roughly 15-20 city-highway in the 3rd gen, as it's a bit lighter than a LT1 4th gen.

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Hmm... I expected a little better mileage honestly :dunno:

I sent him the link to this thread, he'll PM you if he's interested.

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
I've never owned an LT1 so I'm not sure, I averaged 22 in my LS1

Aron

Reaction score
T-56's are 6 speeds, he is very firm on the price, is listed for $7,500 on CL, but he's moving soon I guess... LT1 6-speed would probably get roughly 15-20 city-highway in the 3rd gen, as it's a bit lighter than a LT1 4th gen.
Should get better than that. My cammed and stalled auto LT1 averages 15+

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
Good to know, never had one so no firsthand experience.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I just saw this car at FLT on jackstands Friday. It's definitely a nice 3rd gen and doubt you'll find one in that good of shape.

Aron

Reaction score
Since Chuck owns FLT, and as stated the owner of the car works at FLT, it would be safe to assume the answer to your question is yes, by my simple logic

Marshallc

Reaction score
Yup its adams car, works for chuck. Im half tempted to pick it up but I dont need a 02ss and a gta

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Reaction score
Its really nice in person. It was at FLT when I both dropped off and picked up my trans a few weeks ago.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love 3rd gens............. But WTF is with the way off center front license plate?

OP
Outlaw

Outlaw

Reaction score
so plate isn't bent? idk, only logical thing that comes to mind... where it's mounted it's a totally flat area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom