Somebody still got a hookup on Carfax?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Hey... Since I missed out on a beautiful 24,000 mile 2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th that was in Burr Ridge, I'm looking at a 2011 Charger Pursuit. I'd like to take a look at the history before I take delivery but the dealership is a mom & pop joint and doesn't provide Carfax on the small amount of vehicles they usually have. I know we had some guys that worked at some dealerships in the past but unsure now...

VIN is 2B3CL1CTXBH551911

Thanks.

2011-dodge-charger-police-4dr-sedan.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
No hookup on Carfax, but yesterday I stumbled upon a free app that is almost as good. Download the app called "Scan My Car". You can put in the VIN or license plate number and it pulls close to the same amount of info as Carfax. It gives you the vehicle spec details and title history, maintenance, accident reports, etc. I looked up my cars out of curiosity and it was all accurate.

Reactions: NOMIEZVR4

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Hmm... That returns that there was an accident reported with it...

It still may be worth looking at the car. Both of my cars have accidents listed. Both of them were cosmetic damage only. My daily driver got rear ended at about 5 MPH on one of those record cold sub zero days. The bumper plastics were so cold and brittle that it just shattered like glass. Was maybe an $800 claim. My Boss 302 got backed into in my parking lot at work 2 days after I bought it. That was a ~ $2,000 claim because the front fender had to be replaced and the section of stripes that needed to be replaced was stupid expensive from Ford.

If anything it gives you something to ask questions about and then maybe some leverage to negotiate.

Reactions: EmersonHart13
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info