Drag to reposition cover

So who all still has/builds Legos....?

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
Growing Up Lego's were my Jam, it was pretty much my favorite thing to play with leading up to adolescence.

Sadly my mother sold my collection at one point which was crushing even though I didn't really play with them any longer.

Since moving into a larger home and having a kid I've found myself getting back into Legos as an adult hobby/collection. Lego also seems to have acknowledged/identified the growing market of adult collectors/builders and is now selling some pretty amazing adult-targeted sets.

Anyone collect/build them still on here?

Just last week I picked up this one as I thought it was a really attractive model to display and was a good "Price per Part" Ratio.

1594148810825.png

1594148901400.png

This one also just popped up and I've ordered it as well, which I'm very excited to build as I'm renovating my basement this year so I can have a lego train layout built.

1594148970322.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I keep wanting to buy some of the bigger kits but 1. I have nowhere to put them and 2. If I did, Id worry about the cat knocking them over :rofl:

I really want the new batmobile that released...last year? Shit is so expensive tho.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
My family buys them for me for my birthday or Xmas pretty consistently and I eventually get around to building them.

my kid loves duplos

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
My parents have given me a couple Technic kits, I have an old Ferrari F1 Technic, a new regular Lego Ford GT40/GT kit, plus I still have a few buckets of just random Legos, but I never bust those out.

The kits are cool, but the ones I've had don't take very long to assemble. And then I have a Lego car...it's not really something I want to put out to show as an adult in our living room...I never got into the creation of kits or stuff after I was a kid.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
i really want the ISS :rofl:

I have the space shuttle and a few of the car sets. I love building them but rarely have a spot to showcase them so they go back in the boxes all put together usually.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had the basic ones as a kid. The "sets" weren't really on the market that much, so had to use your imagination more. No idea what happened to all of them. At one point they were in a large paper grocery bag (full) at my mom's house.

Thought about getting some of the newer ones, but have held off for the same reason as Mook Mook, costs and cats. Just looked up one of the available (ultimate) Millennium Falcon's and it was $1150.

Friend of mine just finished putting together Boba Fett's ship (Slave 1) after two years, which we all gave him crap for, seeing as how this isn't really the time to be building slave ships, LOL.

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Reaction score
At work, I used a shelf that I basically filled with marvel mini figures. I added one plane before they shut down for the year. During stay at home I've done all of these. The helicarrier and tower are bootleg from Ali Express. The Milano also has the pod attached to the back of it.

Eventually I want to order the Bugatti and lambo.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Don't have pics on my phone but I have always been a huge lego nerd. When I was a kid I geeked out on all the space stuff as it had the cooler colors vs the plain jane sets. My wife and family buys them for me as gifts as they never know what to get me. I've got about 3-4,000 bricks laying around in tubs of sets that were just meh. Some of the bigger ticket items I have displayed on my home office shelves.

Milinium Falcon, X wing, Y wing, AT-AT walker, Imperial Shuttle, Technic F&F Charger, Technic Dragster, 65 Mustang

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Used to play w/ legos all the time when I was a kid. Back when Horizon 4 launched their lego expansion, it kind of sparked something in me again, so I picked up a couple of the lego speed champions cars that are featured in the game. The Senna and F40. But thats about the extent of my collection today. It was quite fun putting them together, made me feel like a kid again :LOL:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Legos were my childhood. But when I moved out, I left them behind at my parents house. Huge tote of loose pieces. I used to build random stuff with my imagination, but my favorite set was the 4x4 Rebel Wrecker truck. That got me into tinkering with the technic electric motors for the drive wheels and steering. I also built a 8 foot tall high rise tower with a working motorized elevator, thats still standing in my old bedroom. I'd guess 25+ buckets of Lego bricks that thing.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
I still have tons to build. Really need to build that Porsche.

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
Since the response has been really positive in this thread, I have a confession....

My basement is getting Waterproofed the end of the month..... And I'm building a Lego Room.....

Also, a shot of whats below the ISS currently.
96A5710E-E6F6-464D-BFB4-CAF7A0DE798E.jpeg

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
And I did a vertical recording, don't kill me....

Sorry, it's 21 foot by 14 foot, just checked my little layout doodle.

Still a damn good size to build a Lego train layout and then build a city and scenes in it/around it/above it.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I built the saturn 5 last summer, just finishing the lunar lander now. Did not know the ISS was a kit...might need to get that too. I also have no good place to put these so they usually end up going to work where my 3 and 5 year old wont destroy them. My wife just got me a set that has a charger and challenger in it too :)
I want Dom's charger that they sell next.
When i go to wrap my charger again...it might have an apollo saturn 5 look to it :)

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
I have Dom's charger hanging out (not assembled) Downstairs still, that looks like it will be a fun build :)

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
I picked up a few sets that are expected to retire to speculate on tonight, that NES set is going to drop with a few other new IDEAS sets in time for the holidays and They confirmed they are phasing out Steamboat Willy and then next up would potentially be the Flintstones and dinosaur fossils sets.

BA5B3BEE-28D5-46D9-85BA-89D5A95E901A.jpeg

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Troubles Coming
Reaction score
Subfloor down; mocked up the tables I already own, I’ll need more tables which will be just awesome!

A2D495FB-93B3-44B9-96C1-2BE8A7A1D239.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom