Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My nephew begged and begged, and begged some more

So I took him to see it. It was a kids movie, I'll leave it at that. Wasn't horrible.

Then again, my entire hatred for the movie stemmed from the original Sonic model being so god damned horrible.

I mean, dear lord. Miss your target audience much? At least the redesign is close enough to sonic that I didn't care.

sonic.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So Sprayin Sprayin saw this opening weekend and loved it but I had zero interest. A high quality rip of the movie totally wasn't available on the INTERNET (wink wink), so I decided what the hell. It was cheesy, like I was expecting but.................this was actually a solid flick, as long as you go in knowing what to expect. The lack of the original Sonic soundtrack was criminal (they used one or two riffs for like 3 seconds) but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised. All the major players delivered a good performance (wasn't a fan of the wife but she played such a minor role, who cares), was good to see Carrey back in a role like this.

I would be interested in a sequel. Mook out.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Considering how well it did and the masses of fans behind the games, that's not surprising at all. Sequel was pretty much green light as soon as audience scores came in on the first day.

I couldn't have watched the movie or any sequels if they kept that original Sonic model though. That was hideous.

That said, I wouldn't have minded if they got Jalelel White to be Sonic's voice again. He voiced the character in all the toons.

Aka Steve Urkel from Family Matters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info