So since I picked up the "new" 04 GPGT2,,plans,

Yeah found 2 cars locally,

Both had series 3 engines, one was 01 or 02 GTP WITH series 3, and adapted TB, and did have low engine miles. Came from later model from wreck even had brand new Dorman timing cover and TC set and new balance. Car was rusted out bad. Even had unknown brand coated headers. Other car was 05 Bonneville N/A engine(liked it cause it only had 86k and nicer aluminum oil pan) and trans(wasn't sure what would be needed if anything too swap all of it in). But Cavalier buyer keeps stalling. $100 engine and trans seller hasn't got back with me yet. Figured even if had blown head gasket I could salvage crank and rods etc and have spare trans as it was lower miles and same year. And then today boss got ran over by potato chip truck rolling off lift over him! Effed up up maybe knee or leg.

So still scrounging, had to pass on wrecked 04 GTP, $400!. Did find guy in Canada selling DHP tuner so I won't have to mess with sending off ecm if/when I find top end. Missed another deal guy had lower intake to run with n/a heads. Even had aftermarket injector rails, and had an adj for(would save for another project t).
Found guy parting out 05 Bonneville GXP, still has trans and axles, maybe 18"wheels. But he is a trucker. So waiting till he gets home.
Last couple weeks with boss out after getting ran over been fun.
Friend of mine has S2 long block using MS3 and LS coils. We just rebuilt his engine and modified piston stick out. We set his at something like 0.010 or 0.015 rather than the larger a.ount stock. He has smallest pulley, zero knock or kr( sound or readings). His thoughts were that loosening quench might help with crazy knock issues.
We changed the dish and lowered stick out. Computed we find it came out to 9.08 to 1( his bottomend is n/a but has s/c top.
So far it's interesting leaning curve and NOT on my dime. Was chatting with retired GM engineer about possibly using GM scanners to reflash LOTS to learn and figure out. And he said so far most of them work fine. Just can't update firmware.
But if all goes well I'll have DHP tuner.
Fun fun fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info