So Nebraska is in bad shape

GTPpower

Reaction score
A few situations led up to this. Extreme cold, over a foot of snow, then quickly warming up causing ice dams on the rivers and creeks, then lots of rain melting all the snow while the ground is still frozen and unable to absorb the water. Basically everything here is flooded. Almost no roads are open due to water running over them and/or roads being washed out. Many bridges have washed away, and dams and levy's have failed or been destroyed. The national guard is in the area and are keeping their Blackhawks busy rescuing people.

We are on the high elevation side of town, and not in the flood plain, but I'm getting nervous because we literally can only travel about 2 miles before reaching another overflowing creek.

While we are dealing with the water on the east side of the state, the west side has the the blizzard of the decade going on. Huge drifts, 70mph winds, right in the middle of calving season.

This is a road condition app we have. Basically anything red is a closed road due to water or snow.

Here's a few pictures of the water I took yesterday. It's worse today.

My construction trailer is at a lake south of town. Hopefully it's still there, if not I'm going to need to replace everything.

lastls1

Reaction score
I don’t wish for the flooding or horrible damage, but damn it I wish we would get a blizzard like some just got. I want a snow that’s like 14 or 15 inches on a weekend and just do Jeep things and plow shit.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Shit, didn't realize all this was happening...trying to get ahold of friends and family in the state now :hs:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's fucking gnarly.

I think this is kinda goin' on everywhere too. my buddy deals a lot with farmers in Iowa and he's gotten this a few times from a few of his clients today he said:

Then wisco's fucked in a lot of places right now too

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Rescues-continue-in-flooded-Fond-du-Lac-507198081.html

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Brown-County-closes-stretch-of-Wrightstown-Road-due-to-high-water-507142311.html

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Rescues-and-evacuations-near-Shoto-Dam-in-Manitowoc-County-507201871.html

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yikes, sending prayers Nebraska's way.
Stay safe Man

GTPpower

Reaction score
Water is receding for us now. Rumor is that another larger wave of water is coming, but it's just a rumor. I dont think it's true. It's going to be rough going here for awhile. A lot of roads and bridges are heavily damaged.

But, there's this.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea while sitting on the tail gate of a jacked up f150 with 35s that rub and a girl in tight jeans.

Sounds like every other fuckboi country song out there...

Good luck sir.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom