So my oil return line...

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
The Good:
With the help of a friend, I was able to fix the leak. Took about 5 min and 10 qts of oil lol

The Ghetto:
The previous owner had the return line set up as the following...

From the turbo (going to the oil pan) he had what looked like conduit clamped on to the turbo. From the "conduit," he had clamped a rubber hose. After the hose, he clamped a copper 90* elbow. From that elbow, he had clamped yet another rubber hose going to the oil pan.

Laugh it up boys, I didn't believe it when I saw it.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
the return line for a wrx turbo is secured w/ just a pinch clamp from the factory. when you do an up pipe swap you have to raise the turbo up, which causes it to pop out of the hose....if you dont get that thing set back down in there just the right way....you know it. haha.

i ended up replacing it w/ a screw clamp. you shouldve seen the way i was contorted underneath the car trying to get the clamp on and tightend

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I have no idea. Retards.

IDAFC, mine is far enough down to where you have to get underneath the car, but far enough up to where you can only reach the line with your middle finger. lol

man, i had my arm all twisted around my downpipe on one side, and i had to stuff my other arm up around the other side and twist it thru some other junk, and forget about even seeing what i was doing, i had to do it all by feel. haha. but that bitch aint goin anywhere now

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info