• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So my 03 whipped my PULLIED 2010!!!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
My son Joe who weighs all of 135 driving in my 03 Cobra KICKED MY ASS from 70 out of third and well into 4th. He was in fouth when we took off, if I was in 4th he ate me right up, when I was in 3rd, he pas making space between us as we rolled off or he just whipped me right away, I EVEN HIT THE GAS FIRST!!!!!

We were both in 3rd at like 65 for the last pull and the little Bastard ran off, got 4th and was putting cars on me. I beat other drivers, and he wasn't THAT good at muscling the car, but as you can see, he's getting there.

I guess that speaks for Paul's HP Tunes. Him in the 03 is like 3785, while me in the 2010 is 4290 so there's 505lbs between us. I could feel it as well as see my 03 Jump up and Blast off, it was cool.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
<<<I guess that speaks for Paul's HP Tunes. Him in the 03 is like 3785, while me in the 2010 is 4290 so there's 505lbs between us. I could feel it as well as see my 03 Jump up and Blast off, it was cool.>>

Fun stuff for dad and son.

And, seriously, your '10 is pullied with a tune and a pullied/tuned Term beat you on a roll?
Really?

My son has a Jetta. My GT500 can pull him by a couple of cars on a 60mph roll. On a good day.

bj

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
We loved it, I have to say. You know I never let either one of my twins drive that car without me next to them until this year. They know what it is now, and they are respectful, and also 23. So we go riding but the car IS for sale so I have to be carefull NOT to wreck it.

I wish I could put a 2010 trans in, in fact, I would if this economy would bounce back but I'll NEVER get the money, however, it would be awesome to say the least.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
<<<I guess that speaks for Paul's HP Tunes. Him in the 03 is like 3785, while me in the 2010 is 4290 so there's 505lbs between us. I could feel it as well as see my 03 Jump up and Blast off, it was cool.>>

Fun stuff for dad and son.

And, seriously, your '10 is pullied with a tune and a pullied/tuned Term beat you on a roll?
Really?

My son has a Jetta. My GT500 can pull him by a couple of cars on a 60mph roll. On a good day.

bj

i could pass your son in his jetta on my 10 speed. on a good day.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
its all about getting the things to hook. Of course they are slow from the factory. they're 4200 lbs and 500 hp, they aren't going to hook up.

Put a drag radial or slick on a stock gt500 and it will break into the high 11's assuming you can drive.

From what i'm seeing, bolt on for bolt on, the gt500 is out performing the the 03/04 on the drag strip. ASSUMING you can drive and get it to hook.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
its all about getting the things to hook. Of course they are slow from the factory. they're 4200 lbs and 500 hp, they aren't going to hook up.

Put a drag radial or slick on a stock gt500 and it will break into the high 11's assuming you can drive.

From what i'm seeing, bolt on for bolt on, the gt500 is out performing the the 03/04 on the drag strip. ASSUMING you can drive and get it to hook.

You're going to have to get a lot out of those bolt-ons to compensate for the 600++ pounds difference between the two cars. That 4200 pounds is a lot of weight to get moving.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004

I put on my MT Bias Ply ET STREETS which are mounted on stock 03 Cobra wheels and they hooked SO FKG GOOD at 17lbs that the next pass I had put in 20lbs hoping to launch at 45-4800 but I screwed up getting the traction control off. These cars do NOT like to heat up tires much less race with the TC on, man that sucked, and of course since I THOUGHT I got it all the way off, I figured my car was FKD up during the second run.

Considering my FIRST try was a 12.29 @ 117 with a 3800 launch and NO wheel spin off the line, and just a scratch for 2nd, I did REAL well. I know there an 11.60 there, but I need a 1 piece drive shaft, that 1st run scared me when I hit second, something SLAMMED into the floor, and that sucked.

It reminds me of the first time I hit second in my 03 with DR's, Oh yeah, that drive line SHOOK for a second, but it never sounded like BANG into the floor, I don't like that, and I will NOT try again on DR's until the 1 piece is in.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
keep workin it! you'll get there. The 2010 GT500 is an awesome car! But the terminators are still best bang mustangs!

I put on my MT Bias Ply ET STREETS which are mounted on stock 03 Cobra wheels and they hooked SO FKG GOOD at 17lbs that the next pass I had put in 20lbs hoping to launch at 45-4800 but I screwed up getting the traction control off. These cars do NOT like to heat up tires much less race with the TC on, man that sucked, and of course since I THOUGHT I got it all the way off, I figured my car was FKD up during the second run.

Considering my FIRST try was a 12.29 @ 117 with a 3800 launch and NO wheel spin off the line, and just a scratch for 2nd, I did REAL well. I know there an 11.60 there, but I need a 1 piece drive shaft, that 1st run scared me when I hit second, something SLAMMED into the floor, and that sucked.

It reminds me of the first time I hit second in my 03 with DR's, Oh yeah, that drive line SHOOK for a second, but it never sounded like BANG into the floor, I don't like that, and I will NOT try again on DR's until the 1 piece is in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info