So lets discuss turbos...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm going to lol when whatever turbo you get spools, and your 3.69's become useless. Have fun getting traction in only 3rd gear :rofl:

BTW phatrides new turbo is very nice, getting 12ish psi on the line and spools very quickly. Not even close to being maxed out and the car moves the f-out. Kj's turbo is tit's as well... what are they? I have no idea, but they work very well.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
exactly, my m90 setup hauls ass now and my 3.29's are annoying, i can't imagine how much it was suck to be turbo. If i spray, forget it, on just a 50shot on my 245/45/17's a 60roll turns into a 90mph burnout. The stock wheels with KD's are a joke, it was cool and fun at first, now it pisses me off lol.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
We will be pulling out V's ST2 some time over the next two months if your looking for low mile one this winter(shameless plug). Go with 130# springs if possible.
From what Im seeing your goals are, the t3/t4 would be fine. The headers will add a bit of lag to be a little more streetable with your gearing and you wont have to change a thing and add more cost to your new setup.

yaaaa let me know about the ST2 :) zzp seems to be sold out, but thats what my target is for a cam, gonna sell the rockers

T3/T4 will be a fine (as stated above) Full T4 is overkill for your goals. Do you have your mind set on a T-Series turbo? Have you looked into Garrett GT series turbos (IE GT3782 or GT4287? Or even Borg Warner turbos (S400 or S500 for some serious power)? Not to take any credit away from what people run on T-Series turbos, but there are other options. Precision Turbo has some great combination's and a lot of extras you can add to help spool up (IE billet compressor wheel and extended till wheels). Do your homework, see what best suits your boost, RPM and power levels. You said 15psi is your target boost level....what do you shift at?
hey brian, im just looking at my options... with the cam, rpms will be at like 6500ish for shifts, but the PSI boost level might be anywhere on the board

I'm going to lol when whatever turbo you get spools, and your 3.69's become useless. Have fun getting traction in only 3rd gear :rofl:

BTW phatrides new turbo is very nice, getting 12ish psi on the line and spools very quickly. Not even close to being maxed out and the car moves the f-out. Kj's turbo is tit's as well... what are they? I have no idea, but they work very well.
im gonna keep the trans in the car at least for a bit, but will upgraded to a larger chain in the spring or sooner

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
we should just buy that GMR trans and get it rebuilt by 3EP. 1500 and it'll be good forever.

then I'll take your 3.69's and get frustrated with no tracktion on the NAWZZZZZZ

lol @ we :hs:

btw found 3.29 chain set for 200...

saw that...

I only trap 114-115 and I dislike my 3.29's. Its fun just for daily driving type stuff, but that it. When I went with my 3.29's it was right when Vogel was talking about 2.93's vs 3.29's on clubgp I believe.

Really wish I would have just stuck with 2.93's now. Live and learn I guess. :hs:
i dont know if i'll have a choice tho if I need a 1" chain for a turbo....

wait what gmr trans?

:noes:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
hahaha would be interesting... I may be in possession of it soon, can't decide yet. it's up in milwaukee. road trip wouldn't be too bad.

he did send me a message saying this:

"it was slipping because of a combination of a wrong tune and a bad TC. I mad adjustments and it went away but I am not sure if it was in time before the clutch packs got damaged. I can drive around town fine and it shifts fine, just slips a little when its cold.

Dave "

soooo I dunno what to think of that...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info