TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
1624246930122.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I drove through this right after I posted above, to get to the other house as I heard there was sirens and a potential tornado down in WeGo. Got there, and as soon as I did, sirens went off again...

Anyway, I've driven through some hard rain, but I couldn't see at all... These stupid speed signs on Stearns, I was doing 30'ish, and it said I was doing 17mph. That's how dense the rain was.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Friday night about 2am I drove right into it on the way to Kentucky. I was going the same direction as the storm. Saw the lightning in the distance coming down 355 towards it, all the way north at I-88.

Had a few sprinkles until I hit Lowell, IN, then it was rain of biblical proportions all the way until about 20 miles SOUTH of Florence, KY. So about 4 hours of driving in it.

Amazingly, I used my wipers about 3x, each on a single swipe. Between the windshield sealant and ceramic speed shine the water just sheeted off the windshield at 70mph. It was glorious.

I have some video I took that I’ll upload in the morning.

Then caught tonight’s storm on the way home, again, right about Lowell, IN. No one in front of me and visibility dropped to maybe 1/8th mile due to the rainfall. Freshly applied speed shine lived up to the potential, never touched the wipers.

On w/b 80/94 where the construction near Cline is, where the left two lanes split off, then split again, there was a lot of standing water. A few vehicles hydroplaned and tagged the Jersey barriers that are set up. Traffic in those two lanes was really backed up. Fortunately I chose wisely and stayed right. That way in case the roads were bad I would be able to hit the surface streets.

Tonight’s storm added a good hour to my 500 mile drive thanks to the asshats that slowed down to a crawl in the hammer lane with their hazards on being a slow rolling roadblock.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
“Update on reported tornado that impacted area south of 75th and Ranchview Drive: 5 people taken to Edward; 16 houses uninhabitable; 450 customers without power. Bailey Rd closed between Washington/Naper; 77th closed Muirhead/Wehrli. Please AVOID THE AREA if you do not live there - City crews continue to work in this area throughout the day. Read the full update: http://ow.ly/X0R150FeO0M”

Thread Info