Here it comes

Screenshot_20230607_073423_AccuWeather.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I couldn't get a pic, but I was out on the Harley in Palos Park yesterday and saw a big brush fire burning along the high tension power lines and around someone's house. It reminded me of the fires out west where the house is surrounded by fire and charred ground.
This is one reason why I've been trying to water every few days. I live next to a busy street. I have a landscaping berm right alongside the road that has mulch and pine needles that fall out of the bushes that are planted. All it takes is one cigarette to be carelessly thrown out a car window.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Holy fucking lightning strike.

The sky just lit up like a bomb went off and it was so bright I didn’t even NOTICE that the lights in my house died until after the strike was over.

The thunder that followed it felt like it shook the house off it’s foundation.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
A couple days ago, they said we were gonna get a good chance tonight. Then earlier today they had backed it off to like a 20% chance overnight. Then about 20 minutes ago, I was woken from my nap watching TV to the crack of thunder and a deluge hitting the roof. Look out, tons of lightning (which is good for the grass too, along with the water), and still a bit more to go.

Thread Info