đź’¬ OT So its raining right now.....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anyone else get caught in the hail today? I was laughing as I watched everyone panic on I-80/94. A bunch of people parked in underpasses while I was literally hoping that my car would get totalled. No dice. It's completely fine.
View attachment 156812
View attachment 156813
View attachment 156814

i saw the storm coming on the radar and turned the fuckin' afterburners on to get ahead of it.

even if you don't think it is damaged, i'd stop by a REALLY good body shop and have them look it over, i'd bet there are dents and if you're hoping it's totalled, likely an easy way out of it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
i saw the storm coming on the radar and turned the fuckin' afterburners on to get ahead of it.

even if you don't think it is damaged, i'd stop by a REALLY good body shop and have them look it over, i'd bet there are dents and if you're hoping it's totalled, likely an easy way out of it.
I'm gonna take a look at it myself once this friggen rain stops, but I'm not expecting anything. The hail was probably the loudest storm I've ever driven through, but like Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat said, it was soft enough to mostly splatter as soon as it hit rather than bounce. If it wasn't cushioned the car would have looked like a golf ball.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm gonna take a look at it myself once this friggen rain stops, but I'm not expecting anything. The hail was probably the loudest storm I've ever driven through, but like Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat said, it was soft enough to mostly splatter as soon as it hit rather than bounce. If it wasn't cushioned the car would have looked like a golf ball.

a body shop will find shit you won't

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
a body shop will find shit you won't
loop perfect loops GIF

That check does sound nice.

Maybe I'm too honest, but I've never filed a claim of any sort. I suppose I would have to call my insurance first?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
loop perfect loops GIF

That check does sound nice.

Maybe I'm too honest, but I've never filed a claim of any sort. I suppose I would have to call my insurance first?

you don't have to

id just go to a body shop and be like look i drove through some gnarly hail can you inspect my shit

if they see stuff, file a claim then.

Reactions: v6buicks

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It takes some surprisingly small hail to fuck up cars these days. Guess the metal is thinner or just made from lighter material.

On the flip side the scariest hail I’ve ever gotten caught in was in Colorado and was Baseball sized. That was terrifying.

my silver bmw got hailed on and i saw 3-4 dents at most i thought, got it to a good shop and with their lights they found a few hundred basically.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
my silver bmw got hailed on and i saw 3-4 dents at most i thought, got it to a good shop and with their lights they found a few hundred basically.

Same on my parents Honda. I could see a few dings on the hood.. the Body shop found 30 more on the hood alone that once they pointed it out was obvious under their lighting.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Reactions: Jamesv82

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The first round should be hitting the western burbs by 3:30. Hopefully it's less than what is being forecast.

How are the southwest regions holding up that got hit already? Looks like the worst of it is just leaving Peoria now.

Edit: Peoria was under tornado warning a few minutes ago

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I need a good generator. I've only been in my house since September, but we've lost power a couple times already when it's been windy.
Shockingly, I haven’t lost power once in the 9 months we’ve been here. Had a couple surges but no outright power outages.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Thread Info