So its raining right now.....

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
We got absolutely hammered in Harvard. Closest NOAA rain gauge is in Hebron, reported 2.15” of rainfall. We were closer to if not over 3” I would put money on. I had a stream 5’ wide about 8” deep running down the low spot of one of the dirt lots the horses stay in.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Lightning either struck my house or very close. I was in the garage when it happened and I think it hit the ceiling I jumped so high. Power surged, and weird shit started happening like the printer started printing random jobs, all the clocks reset but the power never went out. The garage door opener fried, and my whole slew of modem/router/TV bit the dust too - even though all on a surge protector. Cmon.
Damn that sucks lightning was hitting hard in Naperville my camera kept going off

Reactions: Bru

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
We didn’t get too much rain down here in homer glen. I saw the storm rolling past us for a while to the north before it finally got to us. We didn’t have rain until about 8pm. Crazy straight line wind that didn’t stop for about 45min. I was hoping the giant half dead oak tree in my front yard would come down on the power lines. Oh well.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks lightning was hitting hard in Naperville my camera kept going off
It rained pretty good by me for a while.

My son saw a huge orange flash north of the house (by Bru’s hood) at around 7:15ish last night.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
Donating Member
Reaction score
Went from grey but still light out (at 7pm) to outright darkness when the front rolled over us. I happened to be outside marking the fence location for the utility guys and the sky just opened up on me. Was actually very refreshing.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lightning either struck my house or very close. I was in the garage when it happened and I think it hit the ceiling I jumped so high. Power surged, and weird shit started happening like the printer started printing random jobs, all the clocks reset but the power never went out. The garage door opener fried, and my whole slew of modem/router/TV bit the dust too - even though all on a surge protector. Cmon.
Damn it must have been really close! So close your devices absorbed the electricity in the air from the strike.

Surge protector is only going to work up to a certain range if the source comes across the power lines. If lightning hit that close it’s possible the discharge is what fried things. They’re pretty sensitive electronics. A static shock from myself (really dry in the house) took out my old router.
Yup, inductive loads from lightning near by.

A copper wire is an excellent conductor of energy, consequently, it is common for lightning to induce many thousands of volts of energy even though the lightning may strike some distance from the wire.

Bell Labs determined through experimentation that a lightning strike almost a mile away from phone lines would induce 35+ volts per meter (39") of exposed wire. Lightning doesn’t have to actually strike the wire since the energy is transferred into the wire by induction.

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It rained pretty good by me for a while.

My son saw a huge orange flash north of the house (by Bru’s hood) at around 7:15ish last night.
My cameras blinked at 6:41 and captured nothing :rofl:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tiny little storm just canceled my flight. Exactly 24 hours after getting my last flight canceled. What are the odds.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Noooo I mean I know it was monsoon for a while but don't think that much out here!! Eek
I didn’t think so either. Went out to check the damage on my topsoil and seeding project and was pretty surprised.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got it at the baby shower and I’m not sure we registered for it. Basically a pack and play for outside with mosquito netting. Will probably be using it more once the temps are more mild.

Yaj Yak

Whatsyernichescoredoe
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got it at the baby shower and I’m not sure we registered for it. Basically a pack and play for outside with mosquito netting. Will probably be using it more once the temps are more mild.

jokes on you

lil pooo factory gonna outgrow that shit by halloween and then it gon be cold and youll put it away in storage to forget about it (unless you move and have to pack it somewhere)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom