So its raining right now.....

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
it's times like this i like my little shithole part of streamwood. power never even blipped. The few times it has gone out over the years, it's back on before i can even get to the kitchen to get a big flashlight.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
When I first moved into the house, we'd get power outages all the time. But after about a year, we've only had blips last less than 10 seconds. In the last 4 years, maybe one outage over a minute? Internet will go down on occasion, but usually less than 12 hours.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
yeah not even a flicker here. I've lived here 11 years, lost power maybe twice for 15-20 minutes. All my utilities are underground which I think helps a bit. I do have a new genny sitting in a box for just in case though.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yea yesterday was no joke for a lot of areas. Just saw the news posted comed expects this to take days to restore power.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Seen three today on my way to work absolutely fuckered

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Roof on a building across from work gone, we saw it peel up yesterday

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Serious question, why do trampoline owners not flip those things over before a storm. They always cause the most damage

A friend of mine in st john had his fence destroyed by his neighbors trampoline yesterday. That would piss me off

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Serious question, why do trampoline owners not flip those things over before a storm. They always cause the most damage

A friend of mine in st john had his fence destroyed by his neighbors trampoline yesterday. That would piss me off
cant flip it over with a net.

also they SHOULD be staked in the ground with long ass stakes.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
I’m in Plainfield. Most of the town is out of power still. The whole downtown section including major traffic lights on 59 are dark
Christ, a number of us live in Plainfield and Naperville.

We didn’t experience a blip,
let alone outage, on the north end of Plainfield.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got a few flickers and that was about it. My mom down in Wheaton lost power for a few hours. The utilities in this area are mostly buried. By her, all strung above ground.

Somewhere in my garage a I have an old ass 1000w generator that hasn't been started in 3-4 years. Would be surprised if it fired up. But it is just enough to keep the fridge running, which is about all I need. Maybe a small fan too. The ceiling fan in my master bedroom actually plugs into the wall, so I could run that if the room became uncomfortable.

G/f has so many fucking candles hidden in drawers and cabinets she could pull enough out to make this place look like White Castle at 3am.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
What's left of the neighbors gazebo thingy in my yard at the other house;

part0.jpg

DanJ

>
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea yesterday was no joke for a lot of areas. Just saw the news posted comed expects this to take days to restore power.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Sooo can you take a couple batteries out of that ego deal and charge them somewhere while the fridge runs off two?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Christ, a number of us live in Plainfield and Naperville.

We didn’t experience a blip,
let alone outage, on the north end of Plainfield.
Naperville’s utilities are rock solid. I’ve been here 9 years and there’s never been a long outage.

I was out at the Meijer at Boughton and Weber during the beginning of the storm. It was pretty nasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom