So I uh.. bought something... old

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
1964 Mercury Comet 404 (4 doors for more whores). Saved it from the scrap yard, lets just say it was extremely cheap, and has a title. Heres how it looks. Not sure what Im thinking of doing with it. Sell it, build it, re-scrap it. If I build it Im thinking custom bags, maybe a wide body (think hoonicorn mustang). Or Ill restore it and just make a cruiser.

Heres the specs: Inline 6, dealer installed AC, 3 on the tree (if the trans was in it, but its not since it decided to eat a gear), 4 lug.

SbJI6JZ.jpg

sMtT9E4.jpg

WUmOcse.jpg

7eaV5GU.jpg

fjyOhPL.jpg

TpUtJsR.jpg

j0vhryZ.jpg

If I keep it, definitely going to happen... 302/c4 swap. 8.8 or 9" rear end swap. Probably just keep it 350-400hp NA. Ditch the AC. It has a couple holes in the floor (1 trunk, 1 driver floor) but pans are readily available. Would definitely convert the interior to black and white (black upholstry/carpet, white headliner and accents) or maaaaaybe a dark blue instead of the white.

Thoughts fellers? Do I keep it? Anyone want to buy it?

Dude awesome save. Give Ridetech.com a call. Simple bags should be easy swap. Honestly can I suggest look for 300/6, any 302/351W trans bolts up. Slap a single eBay GT2871r/GT2876r on it simple Microsquirt can handle all the fuel needs and 8in or 8.8 can be had cheap.
I picked up 66 Caprice 4 door no post and am jonesin to get it road worthy. Ran but loaned carb and adapter plate off of it. So I figure I'll have to take new carb and plate we got for that guy. Heck it was plated and insured last year but never got driven, still don't have exhaust on it yet!
Good luck

Thread Info