3800 So I started my own local "car" forum type of thing

over the weekend i decided to set up my own car enthusiast message board for the local chicago peeps and just people in general. if i'm crossing the line by posting this here, ill gladly delete the thread. anywho, the website is

thegarage.forumup.org (i'm not nearly cool enough to have my own domain, etc).

i figure this is just another place to shoot the shit about cars and just life in general..as well as setup local car meets, not just gp's only :) . ive got some past and present gpers on there as well so its good fun all around. so again, hope i'm not stepping on any toes. hope to see you guys over there

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Dont take too much with my previous post. I just find it disrespectful to

A: Post up about another car club site that you made.

B: Pretty much up and disrespect this club. It is a shame because when it was started there was alot of enthusiasm. Then it slowly started to fade when newer members would come to meetings and not want to pay up. That was the #1 killer IMO. Im sure Hale will say something about that. I never had to front as much money as he did, but I always made sure to pay what I owed and maybe some more. Tip included. Things were setup to where there was no "leader" so everyone could have a voice. However there were too many voices and alot of them were from people that just came around sometimes and just bitched either way. Which in the end makes it less enjoyable for everyone.

Then there are the assholes that have to do burnouts and doughnuts at meets to make everyone look even more retarded. AND put peoples lives in danger. You just destroyed anyones ambition to want to come out again. Way to go. :rolleyes:

I dont think its bad to setup meets every weekend. However when others try to do something, no one comes out. Then turn around and bitch that no one does anything. That makes people not want to plan anything. Denise did an awsome job planning mod and race days. However lots of people bitched. I dont know about some of you, but that makes me not want to do jack for some ungrateful bitches. Lots of people appreciated it. I sure did. But it was others that killed it in the end.

:soapbox:

For the record before someone else points it out (which Im sure would happen) yes, I do have a link to another forum in my sig. It is a VIDEO GAME forum. I found it linked on clubgp and thought it was cool. I went further into it and was made a mod. I said I would try to advertise for people that like video games to check it out. It is not my forum. I have nothing to lose if it fails. I advertise because it has nothing to do with Grand Prixs or cars in general.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think the fading interest is due to the changing demographic and that a lot of the core club members have sold their cars or de-modded them. This isn't a problem exclusive to the Grand Prix community. It happens with all communities. It's just an unfortunate side affect.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I think the fading interest is due to the changing demographic and that a lot of the core club members have sold their cars or de-modded them. This isn't a problem exclusive to the Grand Prix community. It happens with all communities. It's just an unfortunate side affect.
[/b]

I can understand that. What I dont get is why people have to bitch, yet did nothing to even attempt to fix it. Yeah, Im sure the ideas might not have flown with some, but at least try.

I

imported_silverbullet

i don't think you step out of line 99gulfbluegtp. thanks for the info i'll check it out. when i first join this club i thought it's kinda cool getting good tips and info on my car, but yeah lately it is starting to fade out a bit. also very unfriendly people too. i met few good people here, but don't really know most of you guys. i guess maybe i never hang out with you guys at four corners. anyway the point i'm trying to say is it seem like everytime someone here that everybody knew post something up that they need help to install everybody pour in that they will come and help out. now if that's me or some newbie it's like " f**k you i don't know you". i read post on other clubs and was surprise how friendly and helpful everybody is. i wish we have more people like that here. i'm not trying to make this club look bad i'm just trying to voice my opinion that's all. this will always be my choice club too even though i don't drive a prix anymore.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Good. Some of you need to step.
[/b]

:lolsign: Your the one with 3000+ posts...

Dont take too much with my previous post. I just find it disrespectful to

A: Post up about another car club site that you made.

B: Pretty much up and disrespect this club. It is a shame because when it was started there was alot of enthusiasm. Then it slowly started to fade when newer members would come to meetings and not want to pay up. That was the #1 killer IMO. Im sure Hale will say something about that. I never had to front as much money as he did, but I always made sure to pay what I owed and maybe some more. Tip included. Things were setup to where there was no "leader" so everyone could have a voice. However there were too many voices and alot of them were from people that just came around sometimes and just bitched either way. Which in the end makes it less enjoyable for everyone.

Then there are the assholes that have to do burnouts and doughnuts at meets to make everyone look even more retarded. AND put peoples lives in danger. You just destroyed anyones ambition to want to come out again. Way to go. :rolleyes:

I dont think its bad to setup meets every weekend. However when others try to do something, no one comes out. Then turn around and bitch that no one does anything. That makes people not want to plan anything. Denise did an awsome job planning mod and race days. However lots of people bitched. I dont know about some of you, but that makes me not want to do jack for some ungrateful bitches. Lots of people appreciated it. I sure did. But it was others that killed it in the end.

:soapbox:

For the record before someone else points it out (which Im sure would happen) yes, I do have a link to another forum in my sig. It is a VIDEO GAME forum. I found it linked on clubgp and thought it was cool. I went further into it and was made a mod. I said I would try to advertise for people that like video games to check it out. It is not my forum. I have nothing to lose if it fails. I advertise because it has nothing to do with Grand Prixs or cars in general.
[/b]

Again, Mike isnt trying to take away members but we know alot of people here that might want to post on that site. Its not like he made another forum for local Grand Prix owners. He wants to get local members with all kinds of cars.

I agree with you when you say this club has less enthusiasm. I dont own a GP anymore but I know alot of people here and like to chill, talk about cars, etc every so often. The last few meets I went to, the Schaumburg hooters meet, and the crystal lake Hooters meet which were both planed by the same person were very unorganized. The turnout was not bad but some of the stuff that happened kinda pissed me off. In schaumburg the younger members sat together and the older people at the bar. That was kinda gay but what you gonna do the Hooters was busy. After the meet was over and a few pics were taken everyone decided it would be cool todo burnouts while leaving the office parking lot, I dont see how cool it is todo burnouts in front of a bunch of guys who have the same car as you and already know it can roast tires. I also went to the Crystal Lake meet, that time it was bacicly split into two groups also. The people in the parking lot and the people inside Hooters. I also disappointed when people left the parking lot next to hooters doing burnouts, one after another. Again, its stuff like this that got us kicked out of corners. If you were the store manager/owner would you want people in your parking lot that leave it like this; when they leave.
2wg6s8g.jpg

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Lets face the truth, the club is getting younger and younger with with the prices of the 97-03 GTP body style.

The power, price, and luxury of the car is atracting a much younger buyer.....Such as the local High School kids, who intern, do not have the same ideas or thoughts as a lot of the older members on here who have pretty much been here since its inception.

With this younger crowd comes some of the dumber ideas/actions to do burnouts, drive recklessly, etc.

it wasnt my intention at all to straight up "disrepect the club". its not even a competing grand prix forum. i just made it as something to kill time while at work and the nights where i'm home w/ nothing better to do. i appologize if some of you agree with fish.

oh and mike, i sent you a pm which you may have read. if you did, give it some thought. thanks :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
After reading the responses I guess I did go overboard a bit. LOL. I thought vipermike was talking about how everything happens and not just the local regular meets. I will agree with that. The last one I was at was by Dicks sometime last year. I forget who but someone thought it would be cool to fly by us with 3 todlers and one infant less then 7 feet away. Sadly, that and the incident at Cheeseburger in Paradise made me not want to come out to those anymore. I have a one year old now. She usually goes everywhere with us. If I cant bring her to a small meet because Im afraid some asshat is going to run her or me holding her over then there is problems.

Maybe the person that sets up the meet takes charge. And has power to tell people to leave if they must act the fool. Just a thought.

And I guess it isnt too horrible to link a forum. I was pissed last night. LOL. I already visit plenty so Im good.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
In terms of "taking away" memebers, I think it might actually make this board grow if other people knew about it. There are already lots of non-GP owners on here that contribute in one way or another, so I think the idea of spreading the word on both forums help each other.

example, mustang driver's sister/brother is looking for info on a GP or even looking to buy a GP. ( I have one for sale by the way:p) Here we are, if the board in question grows enough, that board can help out just the same as this site can.

Just my .02

Good Luck Mike !

I will join.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info