so I picked up another daily

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Keep getting this notice in the mail, should I even bother taking it to the dealer for recall?
94ab48dfee14dc562e2dac403cc8d429.jpg

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
The recall is for the front and rear valve cover. Definitely a DIY job in my opinion. Fuck the stealership. A lot of people complain that the repair done by the dealer leaks after a year or so. Get the Felpro set and have at it.

But the fire isn't caused by the few drops of oil falling on the manifold.... The fires are caused by gasoline leaking out from the O-rings on the fuel injectors. If you have't put on a fresh pair of O-rings on, you gotta do it.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
what do you think does?

the few burnt cars i fingerfondeled at the junkyard all seemed to start above the motor- some of the ones i played with even had intact spark plug wires

I think it's "probably" the valve cover. I think gm did a lot of research on it before issuing a recall.

I've also never had a car that leaked from the orings or had orings that looked like they could leak.

Not that fuel fires don't happen. I just think gm probably does a ton or research before issuing a recall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info