so I picked up another daily

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I personally have owned 8 3800 cars, 4 GP's. I'd own a 4dr Special Edition in supreme shape, but it'd have to be cheeeeeap.

you've got me by two as far as i can remember/tell.

98 lumina
my current gtp
the bonneville i brought to you
red 4 door junk se
another black two door
and then [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION]'s monte carlo i sold to that dude on here that drove it home like 4 hours after i got it running w/a sc setup? that was nuts.

i feel like there are more but i can't remember.

i think just in any used car land, anything with under 100k miles, that doesn't have rust, and runs well, and needs no work, is 100% going to be above 3k

it's just jacked.

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
sorry for jackin' your thread so much.

as for your list... from my experience, decent monte carlo/impala ss pads and rotors for me felt better/went further than i felt other fbody front setups...

but.

that's just what i felt. and too many other variables for it to be really verifiable.

it's all good lol, with the SS brake swap If I understood correctly, I need to source the caliper too?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, it's just the bracket and rotor. It uses a bigger rotor, but it's still the same size caliper, so the part of the rotor that the original brakes would be using just gets rusty and the outer part is the new surface. It's more of a "larger brake" upgrade than it is a bigger brake system. I suppose it helps a little bit, but I would say it's more for looks than it is for better braking.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Here you can see the unused portion of the brake rotor, cause the bracket just moves the caliper further outward.

29795180088_original.jpg

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Just did 12 inch front brake upgrade for the daughters 1998 Regal GS.
from a Buick Forum:
https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/20946-Big-brake-upgrade

"WOW, what a big improvement.
Stops so much better and I can't imagine she'll be able to warp these monsters!
Best $40 I have spent on a car yet!
For the curious, older W bodies (Regal, Grand Prix, etc.) have 11 inch rotors up front. 12 inch rotors and caliper brackets (like from a 2000 Impala) bolt right on. Can't use the OEM spare on the front now but an Impala spare from the junkyard will soon fix that. "

"Yup, easy upgrade right there! Well worth the money. Don't worry about the spare...you shouldn't use it on the front anyway on a FWD car. They're differential killers.

If you weren't aware, you can upgrade even further with the brackets and dual-piston calipers from an '06 or newer Impala. The rotors are still 12 inches."

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, we went over this already :rofl: But I don't think you're going to say "WOW, what a big improvement" It's an improvement I suppose, but you're still using the same amount of pad/rotor surface as before, but with a little more mass to absorb the heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info