• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So I picked up a KB 2.2......

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Old style but super low miles in great shape.
Rotors look brand new.

It appears as though the previous owner eliminated the catch can and installed a super stealth breather in the snout and hooked the upper fitting into the pcv system of the engine.

Im really debating whether or not to install it on the Cobra or resell it for profit. Ive talked to numerous Cobra owners who all say the most fun they ever had with the car was with a ported Eaton.

If I do keep it, I am definitely getting a new rear inlet for it cause its so damn ugly as-is.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• KB22.JPG
    KB22.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 315

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Old style but super low miles in great shape.
Rotors look brand new.

It appears as though the previous owner eliminated the catch can and installed a super stealth breather in the snout and hooked the upper fitting into the pcv system of the engine.

Im really debating whether or not to install it on the Cobra or resell it for profit. Ive talked to numerous Cobra owners who all say the most fun they ever had with the car was with a ported Eaton.

If I do keep it, I am definitely getting a new rear inlet for it cause its so damn ugly as-is.

Thoughts?

keep it! The kb has potentially 70-100 more horsepower on tap on 93 octane. How can you not have fun with that.

My advice is do the kb, the 26 spline clutch and shaft, leave in the IRS, DO not do k member or headers or coil overs my biggest regrets. Aftermarket suspension is what really takes the everyday driving enjoyment out of the car.

Maybe lower the car like an inch and leave everything else!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
...forgot to mention I got the KB, 60's w/adapters, MAFia and Diablo Tuner for......

$1800. :eek: :biggthump

gotta love the misspelled auctions on Ebay!

Omg you can't beat that! I was very nervous when I bought my 2.2 on eBay, but the guy turned out to be super cool, even called me a few times to see what kind of power I made and how the car was. Hard to dish out $2600 to someone you never met.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
kb 2.2

keep it .just powdercoat the inlet.i have the same one on mine saleen but i used the catch can. the guy i bought it just had it redone by kenne bell and powder coated the inlet gray.i made on conservative set up ,running 93 octane with a 3 in pulley at 18 pounds 582 rwhp.

Attachments

• wiring 001.jpg
    wiring 001.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 257

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
........Ive talked to numerous Cobra owners who all say the most fun they ever had with the car was with a ported Eaton.

Thoughts?
Without even considering the sound (which personally I could care less about) there really isn't anything to decide here.

And obviously everybody has their opinions, but the guys who said the above statement never owned a properly running twin-screw car. Everything about a twin-screw is better with no downside, except for cost, which isn't an issue since you already have it.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Im sure it has to do with being able to put more useable power to the ground.
A 500rwhp Cobra properly driven will go 10's.

If you look at the trend of High HP cobra owners, you have to admit that when all that power is there, the MPH seems to go WAY up and the ET stays the same or improves only slightly.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

If you look at the trend of High HP cobra owners, you have to admit that when all that power is there, the MPH seems to go WAY up and the ET stays the same or improves only slightly.

That's been my problem, but it's my own fault I haven't done anything to the IRS yet, besides the brace and php toe link bars plus I been trying to do it on drag radials wich is a losing battle! I need some urithane bushings asap! And a true slick lol.

Don't get me wrong I understan what your saying a 500 rw cobra is much more manigable than a 600 rwhp cobra, but once you fine tune everything with supporting mods and put the power to the pavement there is no lookin back.

Put that shit on and let's drag that bitch to Kurgan and make that blower do what it was made to do....scream!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

Not the guys I race with. They (we) have all gone considerably faster (and quicker) with twin-screws and I would guess that none of us regret ditching our Eatons.

There is no performance based argument for preferring a ported Eaton to a twin-screw. If you're worried about putting more power to the ground, then run it at lower boost (just utilize the efficiency and cooling advantages).

And a properly driven 500hp whp Cobra "could" go 10's, but WILL is a strong word. Weight savings, good air, great driving and awesome traction (slicks/track prep) all need to be part of that equation, regardless of the blower on the car. If a ported blower, 500 whp Cobra has all the ingredients to go high 10's, it's likely that car already has everything (including the driver) it needs to go low-mid 10's with a TS.

If you want the challenge of going fast with an Eaton, that's cool. But nobody's going to tell me it's more fun to have a 500 whp Eaton Cobra than a 600 whp twin-screw car. I respect their opinion, it's just not my experience. :dunno:

I have a friend that's currently trying to get his unported Eaton car in the 10's - 11.0. With limited track time, he's seen a 11.31 so far on a somewhat suspect stock clutch and so-so DA's. It's cool to see his progress, but I doubt he's having any more "fun" than I am.

My $0.02.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info