So I ordered some new pistons tonight...

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Because it works well with the cam Ive got.
Int. Valve Lift- .606
Exh Valve Lift- .563
Int Duration @.050- 231
Exh Duration @.050- 234
LSA-111

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
staying n/a then?
Yes. Maybe a little spray at the track, but then again im not going to spray enough to make it worthwhile then.

There is another car with the same cam, and 10:1 making 273 to the wheels on motor

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wow, very nice. Those lift #s are huge compared to the cams we use.

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dud with that compression and fueling upgrades you should consider e85.
Hmmm, not a bad idea. Do you think 36lb injectors would suffice on an N/A motor? Stock are 21lb, and they are at about 70% duty cycle right now. Im not sure if my stock pump is up to muster for that either. Ive got a rewire, but a walbro 255 isnt that expensive either.

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
Because it works well with the cam Ive got.
Int. Valve Lift- .606
Exh Valve Lift- .563
Int Duration @.050- 231
Exh Duration @.050- 234
LSA-111
Jesus!

Got any flow numbers on the heads? I didn't think those heads flowed that great, especially not good enough to support .600+ lift...

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Jesus!

Got any flow numbers on the heads? I didn't think those heads flowed that great, especially not good enough to support .600+ lift...
Mini valves...

Yeah, it's the new fad on cam designs to go big on lift even if the heads won't support the flow. It won't hurt though (unless there is interference!)

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mini valves...

Yeah, it's the new fad on cam designs to go big on lift even if the heads won't support the flow. It won't hurt though (unless there is interference!)
Actually ron, the heads I have outflow the intense stage three, even while stock. Mine are ported, but I dont have flow numbers for them. They only costed me $300 + $200ish for some comp cams valvsprings, locks and retainers. My motor was blessed with aluminum heads from the factory.

What all needs to be done to convert to E85? I know larger injectors are a must because stoich is something like 9.7. There is so much argument about fuel lines, pumps, etc and what needs to be changed that I cant discern what actually HAS to be done. I know any newer car should be tolerant to ethanol for the most part, since gasoline already has 10% ethanol added anyways.

Another note- I just bought some forged scat H beams too.:gives:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
People argue over the fuel lines needing to be upgraded. I havent read much about it but that is something to look into.

Injectors would have to be bigger. The L67s I have for you would probably be too small. Id opt for a fuel pump as well as a just in case.

OP
OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
People argue over the fuel lines needing to be upgraded. I havent read much about it but that is something to look into.

Injectors would have to be bigger. The L67s I have for you would probably be too small. Id opt for a fuel pump as well as a just in case.
Ive gotta pick those injectors up still :pat:

This is definitely something I wouldnt mind doing down the road. Braided lines are more expensive than a damn fuel pump unfortunately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom