So I got a new toy yesterday...

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Fantastic car! Plans for any track time with it yet, or too soon? :)

break-in will take a while given that weather isn't quite there yet. Then I just need seat-time in general in this beast. I suspect mid-late summer I'll do my first sessions at Autobahn. I will need to find the group that has the best instructors because I don't know what I'm doing :)

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
break-in will take a while given that weather isn't quite there yet. Then I just need seat-time in general in this beast. I suspect mid-late summer I'll do my first sessions at Autobahn. I will need to find the group that has the best instructors because I don't know what I'm doing :)

Lets us know, there are some great groups out there with great instructors. Just take it easy and you will get it. Hoping we can plan at least 2 TCG track day events this year to fit people's schedules. Get some new blood out there.

Love the color of it!

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Lets us know, there are some great groups out there with great instructors. Just take it easy and you will get it. Hoping we can plan at least 2 TCG track day events this year to fit people's schedules. Get some new blood out there.

Love the color of it!

awesome! I'm hopefully coming into this whole thing with the right mindset, I have no hero complex or whatever. I will be approaching it with an open mind ready to learn. ;)

Carvin

Old Shredder
Aug 24, 2015
Westmont

They also have some car show days where you can take laps. It is single file follow the leader and you get to maybe 70mph. It lasts 20-25 mins. A good 1st time on track experience. Keep an eye on their site, shows are Saturday mornings.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
They also have some car show days where you can take laps. It is single file follow the leader and you get to maybe 70mph. It lasts 20-25 mins. A good 1st time on track experience. Keep an eye on their site, shows are Saturday mornings.

I've been on the track a few times. I was invited the Cadillac event at Autobahn last year (or the year before), I drove a 991 GT3 at Speedvegas last year, and I did some laps in a 458 and a Gallardo at one of those exotics events at Autobahn. I know the basics like where the lines are, what the flags mean and so on.

Just need the next step after lead follow laps ;) More than happy to be in the novice group my first couple of events out.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Badass car whats the plans for it?

Leaving it as stock as I can, no real need for more power so I don't see myself doing anything like a pulley in this car. Might put an exhaust on it to save weight and add loudness?

Once I'm through break-in I will replace the brake fluid with some DOT 5, chassis-wise it will be years before I can reach the limits, if ever. I am debating the idea of having two sets of wheels for it so I can devote a set to the street and the track.

Thread Info