So I found locals who also own wbodys and need help,,,

Sounds like they need a better tune, they have been through more engines than everybody on tcg combined

Actually they BOUGHT broken engines. Soooo they want to build stout engines, will deal with weak trans later on.
So they spend their money on some different pistons and rods and would have spent money on pistons ring and rod bearings anyway.
We will be tuning engines according to what they do in mods. Boys been reading and printing ANYTHING he can about 4t80e swaps. Dad found controller that works for one going in sand rail.
Supposedly boy has found built trans an HD even. Not sure what their contemplating except we are working on engines.
And I am hoping to scrounge and engine or two from deal. Dad keeps trying to pay me.
And I keep telling him I need at least short block and genV blower or complete sc engine. With accessories/pulleys etc.

I have built engines for over 30 yrs, and so far had very few fail. And I only had ONE that was clearly my fault but to be honest building an engine on a truck tailgate, well things can happen but it as easy fix just time. The boy has been messing withaDHP he picked up, had engine on running stand for week or two now, His dad said he ran 30 gallons of gas so far.

From what I got he has engine/trans on some posts bolted couple big pieces of I beam, has full car harness with all the electronics hooked up so it won't set codes and he can experiment on things. Haven't seen it yet. But pretty much anything can make running stand. My plan will be make it from exhaust tubing, simple board for key, switches, guages or lights.
Reason he mocked it up was his dad scrapped two cars. One harness is in sandrail, other was wadded up in big tote, so boy figured he would use it to experiment, tune and get some time on engine/trans before installing it. Said the flowmasters sound pretty good, never heard if they actually bought new cam but boy says his tune has little kr but that not in a car so time will tell but so far forged 2300 stroker pistons and 4.3 rods narrowed and good rid bolts can be made to work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info