šŸ”§ BUILD So I ditched the Tahoe for a Caprice

So what do I do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They seem need a lot of work to be cool. Otherwise, theyā€™re just kind of lame. I went down a rabbit hole researching these as a third car in our stable, and while they can be had at half the price of a G8, and a third the price of an SS, itā€˜s a project car, though that might not bother you like it did me. The more-expensive 2014 and newer had the upgraded radio with Bluetooth, otherwise, you have to have it unlocked by a third party company. No heated seats, so youā€™d have to install them. No carpet, no console (unless you get a 9C3, which is then G8 price anyway) and then thereā€™s the DOD issues that seem to be more prevalent on this platform because of severe use in prior life. Iā€™m not too worried about parts because they made a lot more than G8s, and police like to wreck them so there always seem to be part-outs. Thereā€™s all that shit, but then I watch a video of one with headers, mild cam and Camaro 3.45 gear and am like, ā€œOh I want thatā€.

Cars.com doesnā€™t let you easily search for them so Iā€™ve been bugging our data teams about adding.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not telling you anything you donā€™t already know but wanted to commiserate in how troubled I am over this car too :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Caprice/PPVs arenā€™t cool.... everybody reads the spec sheet and thinks itā€™ll be something neat but itā€™s really just an extremely shitty G8.... Iā€™d go 9C1 Tahoe all day over a PPV
I mean itā€™s a 355hp rwd sedan with ample room. I literally do not care about ā€œluxuryā€, if I did I wouldnā€™t be buying a Chevy. I have an ssv Tahoe currently and it would be kept. Just unsure if I want to have two of them or also a caprice.

They seem need a lot of work to be cool. Otherwise, theyā€™re just kind of lame. I went down a rabbit hole researching these as a third car in our stable, and while they can be had at half the price of a G8, and a third the price of an SS, itā€˜s a project car, though that might not bother you like it did me. The more-expensive 2014 and newer had the upgraded radio with Bluetooth, otherwise, you have to have it unlocked by a third party company. No heated seats, so youā€™d have to install them. No carpet, no console (unless you get a 9C3, which is then G8 price anyway) and then thereā€™s the DOD issues that seem to be more prevalent on this platform because of severe use in prior life. Iā€™m not too worried about parts because they made a lot more than G8s, and police like to wreck them so there always seem to be part-outs. Thereā€™s all that shit, but then I watch a video of one with headers, mild cam and Camaro 3.45 gear and am like, ā€œOh I want thatā€.

Cars.com doesnā€™t let you easily search for them so Iā€™ve been bugging our data teams about adding.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not telling you anything you donā€™t already know but wanted to commiserate in how troubled I am over this car too :rofl:

Iā€™d be going with a 2014+ if I did. They share the dash and everything with the ss which is more appealing, though that aftermarket option is only $200. Iā€™m solving the DOD issue on my Tahoe with a stage 2 vvt cam from Texas speed along with long tubes and a tune. Whichever we get (Tahoe or caprice) would get a similar treatment.

As long as a body shop can get me parts, probably donā€™t have to worry much. I think my biggest fear is just not liking a car every day vs an suv. The Tahoe is ā€œquickā€ enough for me (and the box of parts will make it that much more fun) and I really really enjoy the looks of it. I donā€™t need another project or a go fast car. Iā€™d be fixing the looks and the dod crap and calling it (if I can manage not going further).

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
PS the Crosstrek is brutal. My old boss had one. its so much better on paper than reality.
Mr. Joe Bruzek allowed us to drive one around boulder years ago. Really itā€™s not all that different than our civic in terms of acceleration and size. Itā€™s safer and sad as well as being taller. Itā€™s a stretch but Iā€™d say itā€™s a better version of her car now in every way. At the time though kids were not in the cards.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I am not going to lie.. I hate PPV vehicles normally... but that tahoe posted above has my jimmies feeling really good!
Now imagine you have to give it to your wife :tear:

OR

Now you have two in your driveway (also I thought maybe Iā€™d put my lowering stuff on hers and go even lower on mine :run:

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Now imagine you have to give it to your wife :tear:

OR

Now you have two in your driveway (also I thought maybe Iā€™d put my lowering stuff on hers and go even lower on mine :run:

Hahahah imagine having a tune taurus SHO (roughly 380 hp) and getting rid of that and taking your wifes chevy 4 cylinder base equinox.......

Please end me now!:trump::trump::trump::trump::trump::trump::trump::trump::trump:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
TCG :ford: humpers unite

Tell Joel to buy this:

fc61c455-060c-452c-949f-f98024459a8e.jpg

2014 Ford Explorer Police AWD 3.5L V6 Twin-Turbo EcoBoost

2014 Ford Explorer, Stock No: R-8802 by Chicago Motors Inc., Chicago IL

Body: SPORT UTILITY 4-DR

Engine: 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V

Trans: 6-Speed Automatic

Drive: AWD

Ext. Color: Blue

Int. Color: Black

Mileage: 103,013

Stock No: R-8802

VIN: 1FM5K8AT5EGC38637

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Tahoe is like 2 seconds slower stock for stock. Iā€™ve never owned a bone stock vehicle and Iā€™d think a 6.0 would wake the fuck up with a cam swap.

b78d7c3b8337e09af90e0e9f6e1a74d6.jpg

That could all be true, but like I said the Tahoe feels just as fast, not that it actually is. Does that say good things about the Tahoe or bad things about the PPV? Thatā€™s for you to decide. Either way your best option is actually to avoid GM at all costs

Thread Info