NEW RIDE So I bought another JDM car

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Just a quick update. Boat with my car on it is making it's way through the panama canal. My delivery date is projected to be on 7/5. Next Tuesday I should have my Notice of Arrival which starts a whole other layer of paper work(Delivery order, epa/dot exemption, etc) before I can get the car.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
titanic night GIF

C'mon and get here already!!

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The supra arrives in Galveston on Friday/Saturday. Should clear customs and be ready for pickup early next week. Got the Notice of Arrival today so having my broker do all the appropriate filings and hopefully they can provide me the Delivery Order quickly which is basically my 'go get your car' voucher along with the export certificate I got from the exporter.

If anyone is curious the biggest headache as of late is running down the notice of arrival. Your shipping company should send that to you and your broker 1 week before arrival but in the case of mine I had to call multiple times this week to get it as they had some processing issues that took a couple extra days. So if anyone does this just keep in mind it's kinda on you to run things issues and make sure the shipping company, exporter, import broker are on top of things.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Well yeah we got the car and boy what a day. Good, bad, and ugly

The Good: First off getting a car at the port took only an hour and was a much easier process than people make it out to be. We were in and out of there in an hour. The underside of the car is super clean with only some minor surface rust. Better than I expected. Interior and under the hood equally very clean with no noticeable leaks.

The Bad: from what I can tell there are only. A few new blemeshes that happened during shipping. Nothing that can’t be fixed with some buffing but you can tell it brushed against something on a rear quarter panel.

The Ugly: welp, just look at the pictures. This car left in really good shape but by the time it got here it looked like it was used as a boat anchor on the way. It’s covered in so much grime that I almost thought it was a grey car and walked past it at the pier. I kinda expected this in a way but damn is it gross. Many other cars in the lot were equally gross, but damn.

058C93F8-BFF1-45F6-A456-D81AB77FBB98.jpeg

08472956-FBA9-4DAF-BEE9-0FAFA261582C.jpeg

8E520668-A3B3-409E-B7AC-BC26BFA0D4AC.jpeg

Thread Info