TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
giphy.gif

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Flipping import cars as a hobby! Sounds like a helluva way to pile some coin! Good luck with this, Will!
Maybe, the RHD cars are not as desirable as LHD cars so it may be a situation where we sit on it for a bit or I come out just a little ahead. I do know that if I can't sell it for a profit then I'll just keep it since it's so clean.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Don't forget flood insurance on some of those boats in heavy storms rain streams down shipping containers and easily gets inside of them and or someone loads the ship wrong and it capsizes.

Russians could torpedo it for all we know
It’s going via roro (roll on roll off) so it’s like a huge parking garage

Reactions: boostedguy05

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Little update. We have gotten export cert which I mentioned last week so that opens us up to get shipping booked. Car will be going on a ship on 5/25 and should arrive in Galveston on 6/16 or there abouts. The things that need to happen next is that once the car goes on the ship we will get a document called "Bill of Landing". That will be given to my broker here in Houston so he can file an ISF which is the document declaring what is coming through to the port and the broker will also file for the EPA and DOT exemptions. Hopefully if everything goes well i'll be picking the car up in a month. Then I have to go through the process of titling the car which can be a big PITA.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The Supra is at the port and being shipped out of Japan. I’m getting a care package in a few days with my original export certificate and translated copy. I’ll also be getting the Bill of Landing this week. Here is a vid I found on their YouTube. I’m also getting the maintenance records and book just like I got for the gtr.

EDD20A21-2EB5-4309-BE45-298FA03A597F.jpeg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The things that need to happen next is that once the car goes on the ship we will get a document called "Bill of Landing".
Do you mean Bill of Lading? Never heard of a bill of landing

Can't wait to see pics! Have you driven a RHD car before or will this be the first one?

Thread Info