NEW RIDE So I bought another JDM car

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Knocked most of the crap off but going to need a bit of a paint correction and detail to get the scratches and scuffs out. My buddy Jake is going to put effort into the paint to make it shine.

2FB068A0-354F-42DF-BB95-B0014C268E0B.jpeg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Just a quick update. Car is completely claybar’d and off to my buddy to have the paint correction done to buff out all the scratches and imperfections. Fingers crossed it comes out good. Vids make it look great but in person it’s still got quite a bit to be fixed in the paint.

Instagram vid because it seems the easiest way to add videos to TCG.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Getting the title for the car is the last headache to contend with. Before going into the DMV I had to get a state police vin inspection which requires an appointment and was about a 5 week wait. I got that done yesterday and was able to take that along with my customs paperwork, certificate of export, purchase agreement, insurance, and inspection to the dmv. 30 minutes later and I have plates and in 2-3 weeks Ill have my title.

9F4AA314-637E-4A04-8EC0-A2C7F1DD8875.jpeg

9746BF4B-EF63-49E3-B9B7-B742A0B5F126.jpeg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Title in hand, this is the end of the road. Just shy of 5 months total it takes to buy a car in japan to having the title for it in Texas. No I can sell the car. Tomorrow I will be bringing it to TunerEvo in Houston to display it and you bet your ass i'm putting a 4sail sign in it. :D

This process was such a cool adventure but factor in the time and everything it's not that bad. Half the time your waiting on the car to make it to the states, the other half you're trying to get all the paperwork submitted to get the title. I'd do this again for another car knowing what it's like to go through it. The thing I'd recommend the most is just make sure if you ever buy a car have it shipped to you in your name if you plan on getting it from the pier and titling it yourself. Else it would have to be handled by some sort of in-between company where everything is in there name until they transfer the title to you.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Title in hand, this is the end of the road. Just shy of 5 months total it takes to buy a car in japan to having the title for it in Texas. No I can sell the car. Tomorrow I will be bringing it to TunerEvo in Houston to display it and you bet your ass i'm putting a 4sail sign in it. :D

This process was such a cool adventure but factor in the time and everything it's not that bad. Half the time your waiting on the car to make it to the states, the other half you're trying to get all the paperwork submitted to get the title. I'd do this again for another car knowing what it's like to go through it. The thing I'd recommend the most is just make sure if you ever buy a car have it shipped to you in your name if you plan on getting it from the pier and titling it yourself. Else it would have to be handled by some sort of in-between company where everything is in there name until they transfer the title to you.
Whats it going to take to pry it out of your hands? I'm not interested as I couldnt afford it, I'm just curious what you think it could fetch.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Whats it going to take to pry it out of your hands? I'm not interested as I couldnt afford it, I'm just curious what you think it could fetch.
Hard telling but I think it will list for $80k but likely I’ll sell around $75k. Just depends on the market. Doesn’t seem to be many rhd stock 6speed turbo cars on the market so it just depends on a buyer

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info