• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

So Hawaii is breaking apart and on fire right now

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thats the risk you take living on a damn volcano.

Lava always wins

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is unfortunate.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Good thing my cousin is / just moved back. she was there 4 years.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I thought this was click bait but a google search reveals it's a dangerous situation.

Over 70 small earthquakes after a magma crater collapsed sending the magma running downhill underground. Nobody knows when or if there will be an eruption. Kilauea has been "erupting" for the last 30 years with lava flow and has erupted more strongly before - sending rocks and magma 10 miles or more away from the epicenter. If it has a serious eruption it could impede air travel to and from the area.

Video in link:

Geologists say Puna quakes similar to events leading to 1955 eru - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
The Ring of Fire is upset. Lots of action for sure. Hope it ends well enough for everyone.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Its just Hawaii opening up an expansion pack once everything cools down. Nothing to see here.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's getting ready to go

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Cool. Thats the risk you take living on a damn volcano.

Lava always wins
Likewise with Southern California, being a natural desert, and people thinking fires, droughts, and earthquakes are controllable.... But nah, lets make it the most populated area in the entire country.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess people did not learn from past volcanic experience that living next to an active volcano is bad.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Reaction score
I guess people did not learn from past volcanic experience that living next to an active volcano is bad.

That is actually unlikely to happen with this volcano. Likely that's Vesuvio/Pompeii, which is a Pyroclastic cinder cone style volcano. Due to having large amounts of silica in the lava, it creates a lot of ash, lava bombs and explosions. Think St. Helens or Krakatoa. The Hawiian Volcanoes have more basalt in the lava which means they're more inclined to flow, and less inclined to end with massive amounts of ash and explosions. That said it could always be a "shield" volcano which means it's building lava and pressure up under ground to blow up at some point.

Marko

Reaction score
Yikes. Fuck that.

I hope the people gtfo in time.

GTPpower

Reaction score
We went there for our honeymoon. Such an awesome place. Hope it doesn't get wrecked too bad.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't this be happening to California

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom