So a few days ago I'm doing some filing...

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
28 both times. First time we take it during school and I thought we were just taking the regular stadardized test, but then they said "and now we're going to take the ACT." I about shit my pants.

So I got my score and thought if I got that unprepared, I can do much better prepared. Took prep classes, studied hard for weeks, made sure to have enough sleep and still ended getting a 28.... I was pissed.

I was proud of that and my college GPA, but then my fiancée will bring me back to reality with her 32 act, 3.92 gpa, and graduating magna cum laude. Yes, she's plenty smarter than me...

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
A 16 to get into NIU???

It was a 16 if you had above a 3.0 and an 18 if you were below a 3.0.

This was in 2003. Honestly my gen eds there were easier than my classes in high school. I pretty much aced most of my gen eds. Computer science classes on the other hand rocked my shit. Nothing like taking a Mainframe IBM assembler class (2 steps above writing in 1's and 0's)

They have made it harder since then

Applicants who rank in the upper half of their graduating class or who have a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale must have a composite ACT score of at least 19 or critical reading and mathematics SAT score of at least 870.
OR
Applicants who do not rank in the upper half of their class but who rank in the upper two thirds of their graduating class or who have a GPA of at least 2.50 on a 4.00 scale must have a minimum composite ACT score of 23 or SAT critical reading and mathematics score of 1030.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i was declared comp eng but took comp sci at uiuc, and mostly played quake. they wouldn't let me switch majors as a freshman and as a sophomore said my gpa was too low. despite the majors being a parallel move in the college of engineering. i had good comp sci grades, other stuff kinda meh. uiuc engineering is not something most people can lazily fuck around through.

so i went to NIU to do comp sci. uiuc was top ranked in the nation, niu made me take the entirety of their course though. while in their intro class i tutored people in junior classes. some stuff was complete shit, like their data structures. i also played a lot of counter-strike.

i think their comp sci program was getting better even as i was graduating (12/2001) - overall school was relatively easy there though. comp sci program was still ok. nothing like uiuc, but most people don't need to be ninjas like that anyway.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I think I got something like a 27-28 actually. I was a decent test taker. I just never did homework. I'll have to see if my mom kept all that stuff. I'm sure she did.

This. I got a 28 and all I did was show up to school one day and they were like it's ACT's today.... I was like ok, guess I'll take them then. Little did I know that I had buddies that were forced to go to prep classes and ended up taking the test 2 times because they didn't like their first score. I had to take a huge dump halfway through but you aren't allowed to leave (the whole cheating thing) so I think with clear bowles I could get at least a 30. Oh well, I'm just a dumb mechanic grease monkey anyway, right?

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
I got 31 twice. Damn public highschool.
Damn. You suck Turk. I thought you were smarter than that?

standardized testing is bullshit. i got a 16 and a 17 all the while getting on the honor roll throughout junior year ( amongst other years ).
they tell you junior year is the most important year in terms of what colleges look at.

blow me

Most people who bash standardized testing are the ones that do awful at it. Just like people who blame public schools for sucking are the ones who failed or did poorly.

Don't you love it when people in school are like, 'I'm a bad test taker.' You mean you're stupid. Oh, you struggle with that part where we find out what you know? I can totally relate see, because I'm a brilliant painter minus my god awful brushstrokes. Oh, how the masterpiece is crystal up here but once paint hits canvas I develop Parkinson's.

LOL nice.

I was addicted to nyquil in high school. Did good on the ACTs even though i had taken a nice 50ml dose in the morning. fell asleep after every section while waiting for people to finish.

I was ranked somewhere in the top 10 of my class...out of 294 i believe. freshman year our class size was 36X...damn ghetto messicans kept having babies and dropping out. sucks!

Doesn't mean shit in the real world though right? I mean, its not like i'm going to do my job differently than my co-worker. It doesn't mean that I will be able to do my job more efficiently right? Or be able to lift more weight? or be able to run faster? Or be healthier? Or be funnier? Or be more sociable when need be? Or be able to be a jack-of-all trades? Or to be able to sack more chicks? Or live longer? Or be happier?

Nah.

Fuck intelligence. It means nothing.

hollaaaa reppin the WEST LEYDEN ****gaaaaaahhhhhs. Str8 up hood rats fo LIFE...mah peeps done set some kid on fire in a dumpster last year. FYI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info