Snowmobile vs. Side By Side

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I could only imagine ripping northwoods trails on a SxS. Would be fun. For me tho, sleds offer something different than a wheeled experience. It's that difference that makes them fun to me.

That and they're bloody fast too.

i think because you can go further on a sled with less fatigue...

and go faster... and it's not like a car. :rofl:

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I've been in the SxS game for about 4 years. Started riding dirt bikes when I was younger which progressed into sport ATVs and 4x4 ATVs. Only rode a snowmobile once in Denver. It was fun but I hate the cold so I never bought one.

My first SxS I found a deal on CL for this '08 rzr 800 for $5500. I couldn't pass it up so I jumped on it not knowing if I would like it more then my Polaris sportsman 850xp but I knew I could resell it for more then I paid.

7f072d93730bcbe79be047869da2b826.jpg

Got it home, called all of my buddy's to test drive it and everyone loved it as did I. I was hooked. Such a different feeling then a quad or snowmobile. You feel very safe in it. Feels like a big off road go-kart. It's a hard feeling to describe.

Sold the '08 a month later for $2000 more then I paid and bought myself a new 2013 xp900. Back in 2013, you only had the 800 or 900 Rzr's to choose from. The 800 was a dog so I knew I had to have a 900xp.

e5776d36002e4a9f1a7b5ec2a0feeec6.jpg

596b53c67fe4bf1a56011a7402c234d6.jpg

028c1094a1f2fdf9406bcbe0f0c48e34.jpg

Added a bunch of aftermarket goodies Cage, heater, suspension seats with heaters, light bar, roof, wheels, axles, springs. The aftermarket world is insane for these things. I'm planning on doing a turbo kit over winter and about 10 different company's make a turbo kit!

Get out Rzrforums.net. Tons of info there.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The turbo CanAms are pretty legit. In my opinion, CanAm build quality far surpasses Polaris but of course, cost a bit more than their Polaris counterparts. And that V-twin engine sounds amazing.

There was a video of a turbo Maverick vs the new RZR turbo vs the new Yamaha YXZ and the CanAm was pulling on them both by the SxS lengths.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i think other areas will follow suit.. basically the law says that it's legal to the state and municipalities have to make it illegal.

Before a change in the law took effect Jan. 1, 2010, the legality was up for debate.

The legislation clarified the issue, specifying that golf carts, four-wheeled ATVs and other similar nonhighway vehicles may operate only on streets with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less.

Johnsburg weighs allowing golf carts on certain streets | Northwest Herald

http://www.johnsburg.org/sites/defa...Provide for operation of non hwy vehicles.pdf

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I've looked into making mine street legal. The problem is these are titled as "off-road" vehicles from the factory basically cannot re-title them. I've seen some homemade VW bugs rolling around, not sure how they go away with it. Maybe they applied for a homemade vehicle title?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
i texted one of my mchenry cop friends asking if i could drive a rzr to work... and she never replied.... me thinks because it's technically not illegal, but they don't like it.

My buddy drives his RZR and I drive my Scrambler around our neighborhood and not a fuck is given. There's a few cops that live near us and I've never seen them care.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info