Snowmobile vs. Side By Side

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I've been into snowmobiling for over ten years and finally think I'm getting burnt out. I can't ride like I used to because I'm fat and old and riding offtrail isn't as fun anymore. I've been thinking more and more about selling the sled and getting a side by side. I was supposed to buy one a while ago but backed out of it and dumped the money into my bike instead. I dunno, I go through this every year more and more and it is now to the point I really am not even looking forward to this sled season. I mean I'll go and make the best of it if I keep it, the sled is paid off so that isn't an issue. Anyone have any thoughts on this or went through the same thing?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I've thought about a SxS also. Always a reoccurring thought but then realize I'd have to buy a trailer big enough for it and sink even more money into it. Then, depending on which model you get, you run into width restrictions on certain trails. Most trails have a 50" width restriction unless the trail is specifically noted for SxS.

The new 1000S is pretty legit. A guy in the Northern Riders group just picked one up and it's a 900S chassis with the 1000 motor.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Well, in WI an ATV is under 50" and a UTV is classified as an offroad vehicle between 900 and 2000 pounds and not more than 65" made by a manufacturer, not a homemade contraption. So, I think as long as the trail is marked for SxS usage, you're fine.

Obviously, every state varies so now that I read WI's laws again maybe I may just start looking into one. :obama:

WI ATV/UTV handbook for reference: http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/le/LE0500.pdf

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info