Snowmobile. Powered. LeMons Miata.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Damn. That's cool as all hell.

One of these days, TCG needs to get serious and call out its road course fanatics and put together a lemons team!
[MENTION=11102]J-LO[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] [MENTION=410]Bruce Jibboo[/MENTION] [MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] [MENTION=2222]Intel[/MENTION]

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Here's the kicker, at least for likely a lot of us, a place to keep/build it. I've talked about doing this with friends, but none of us have any room for another car, let alone one that isn't road legal. Cost between a lot of people wouldn't be bad though. So if there was room for this, I would be down AF. If my Contour spins a bearing, I'd totally let it get turn'T into a Lemons car. As long as it isn't painted to look like shit or anything like the lemons cars I see. :rofl:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

One of these days, TCG needs to get serious and call out its road course fanatics and put together a lemons team!
[MENTION=11102]J-LO[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] [MENTION=410]Bruce Jibboo[/MENTION] [MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] [MENTION=2222]Intel[/MENTION]

I spent time down there this weekend to check it out and I think I'm over it :rofl: Really, getting under a car to change a diff after it has been on the track for an hour and a half in 90 degree weather and everything is fire doesn't sound totally appealing. I'm also not the biggest fan of it's structure. I think I'd like to get involved in something with a more defined class system, which it sounds like is out there. This looked like a free for all. Some cars were legit dialed in and passing everyone (third gen 5.3 swap with T56, Z06 wheels and Cadillac body) while others were barely getting around.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Our 3800 V6 Firebird has (knock on wood) been very reliable and usually has one of the top 10 lap times in the few events we've done at Autobahn and Road America. We've had to fix some minor things while racing, but nothing that sidelined us for an eternity. I would not enjoy myself if we didn't have one of the faster and more reliable cars.

I would not enjoy getting lapped and watching my mirrors and having to get out of the racing line for faster cars.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood

I've been trying to get this done for past 5 years

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I spent time down there this weekend to check it out and I think I'm over it :rofl: Really, getting under a car to change a diff after it has been on the track for an hour and a half in 90 degree weather and everything is fire doesn't sound totally appealing. I'm also not the biggest fan of it's structure. I think I'd like to get involved in something with a more defined class system, which it sounds like is out there. This looked like a free for all. Some cars were legit dialed in and passing everyone (third gen 5.3 swap with T56, Z06 wheels and Cadillac body) while others were barely getting around.

Lemons is for fun. There is C class, B class, and A class. A class and some B class cars are running around 1:45-1:58's around AB south. My car was running around 1:53-1:55 and tbh it was a blast to run around. I just stick on my line and let the A cars go around me and just keep on turning laps. The slow C cars are only really annoying if they have bad drivers who drive irregularly as then it is hard to get a momentum car around them.

I have swapped a motor once at the track in 90 degree heat. It wasn't fun but when you have so much time and sweat equity you just want to race. If you are well prepared and don't have a porsche 944 it shouldn't take long to swap most things.

Chump car is more structured and more race cars. I just don't find the people at the races as fun to talk to and there aren't as many epic fixes on track/motor swaps at night to drink a beer and watch. Most people seemed to leave for a hotel at least at Road America.

I did the wet stint on sunday morning and should have my video up soon.

If you ever have interest there are always arrive and drive spots where you can jump on somebody elses team and drive for 500-800 bucks depending on consumables and how much they provide. We are campaigning 2 cars next year probably and usually have at least 1 open spot most races.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info