Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And of course the recording, somehow, on hulu live fucked up so now I need to watch the on demand version which has commercials I cant skip through despite paying to be able to....this episode sucks so far. And now its going to go even slower.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Seriously. For how amazing the writing has been...why would they do the get shot alternate reality finale. Its been done so many times....AND if they're going to do it, for fucks sake at least make it interesting.

I was kind of surprised it was a pretty tame finale as well. It sets up the next chapter of the show well though. WIth gangs becoming a big thing in that area the growth of competition and violence is going to skyrocket. So I think the show is going to much more violent. As LA was back in the late 1980's & early 1990's. So seeing what his plan is to deal with that is interesting.

It seems Franklin is based off a real-life drug dealer in LA. And from what I remember watching in an interview with him, years later once he was released from jail, the show seems to be sticking to his recall of the events quite well.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Interesting. Didn't know this was based on a real person.

Singleton says he isn't. But way too many things are similar. So if not based on him it's heavily borrowed from the guys accounts.

Google "Freeway" Ricky Ross, Gary Webb, Dark Alliance, CIA & Contra. Those should lead you to some good videos and reading.

Yeah..it's based on Freeway Rick Ross

exactly. Too many similarities. Although maybe not completely based on him, it is based of people like him and other drug kingpins from the day. Be it LA or Miami.

Reactions: TommyGloves
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info