Snowblower & small engine maintenance and repair thread - brokeout of SNOW thread

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Currently have a curbside special two-stroke Toro with electric start that’s going on a couple years of service with me. Just needed fresh gas and a little cleaning when I got it. I use canned pre-mixed non-ethanol gas/oil. It also claims to have some stabilizer in it. Six prime pumps, choke and it fired right up for the first time this year. Electric start is great.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I should really take the time and totally go through the thing. new gaskets top and bottoms gaskets, rings, get the belts changed, new tires as 3 of them have fix a flat goo in them and are always slowly losing air over the summer.

treat her right for once ya know
I sent her back to my mom's after 2nd year of using her at my house... I cut about 3 acres and it was taking 6+ hours...

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
:bowrofl: I have a neighbor like that too. like dudeee thanks but no thanks...I can/want to do it myself.

Had I known this was the arrangement they had I would have been fine with it. Since I already spent the money let me justify my purchase :rofl:

My 220cc MTD 2 stage fired right up this morning. Flexed hard on my neighbor who struggled to clear the mound of snow left by the snow plow with his single stage

Guy across the street drives over it then tries to attack that mound with a plug in electric when he gets it home. Could do it faster with a shovel.

Currently have a curbside special two-stroke Toro with electric start that’s going on a couple years of service with me. Just needed fresh gas and a little cleaning when I got it. I use canned pre-mixed non-ethanol gas/oil. It also claims to have some stabilizer in it. Six prime pumps, choke and it fired right up for the first time this year. Electric start is great.

Does it have a battery or do you have to plug it in? Mine pull starts so easy I thought the electric plug in start was kind of dumb. Gave the wife a crash course on it today and found out she can’t pull start it. Extension cord and push the button and she can manage it.

Grabbed my shovel out of my garage, works every time I use it.

I already broke one this year. Suncast special with the thin aluminum strip on the bottom. Used it twice and ground through the metal strip. Got a nice tru temper metal one now.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I already broke one this year. Suncast special with the thin aluminum strip on the bottom. Used it twice and ground through the metal strip. Got a nice tru temper metal one now.

I take my snow shovels pretty seriously and don't mind the extra cash for durability/performance. This Snow Plow shovel does great. I move all of the snow to the edges of the driveway then I follow up with the bulk moving of snow into the lawn area with this True Temper. It is a great 1-2 combo! The True Temper poly scoop also does great on the end of the driveway when the city plow comes and jams snow right up the shit pipe.

51d7lGAGgcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1680100_main-e1554228868255.png

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112 and DanJ

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Does it have a battery or do you have to plug it in? Mine pull starts so easy I thought the electric plug in start was kind of dumb. Gave the wife a crash course on it today and found out she can’t pull start it. Extension cord and push the button and she can manage it.

Extension cord and push button.

Reactions: DanJ and Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Bought a new Ariens snow blower two years ago. Around $1000 all said and done. Way expensive and way overkill for my driveway not sure why I bought it. Worked good first season. To summarize I stabilized the fuel. fuel shut off OFF and ran it until it died. Drained the carb. Fogged it. Next season. Tried to start it. NOT starting. Changed plug, tried electric start. Nothing. Will start on starting fluid but die. Like its getting no fuel. I expected better for something made in USA and was ran with 91 no ethanol from genoa city since new. Took it to the dealer for warranty. Told them won't start its almost like the fuel cut off switch is not working. They blamed a dirty carb even after I told them how I summarized it. They said I must have had some old fuel left in the primer bulb. Yeah OK fix it. Ended up charging me $60 for a carb clean. Whatever its running again. But if I gotta do this shit every season with this new junk I will be pissed. I got leaf blowers, chain saws, and 40 year old snowmobiles that don't give a fuck about fuel or how I store them. I was not pleased. Ran great all winter. Come march when I tried to summarize it again I shut off the fuel and it just would not die. WTF. Almost as if they didn't fix the problem last time and somehow reversed the fuel cut off switch that was probably broken. Let it sit till October and took it back to the dealer. They replaced the fuel cut off switch under warranty. COOL. That was probably the issue before? Mid December came and I tried to start it. WONT START. I'm pissed because if I take it back to the dealer it will likely sit there for a month because of all the procrastinators that don't get their shit running before the first snow. Tried to start it around Christmas when we got snow and somehow started and has been running fine ever since.

I think this blower has a 5 year warranty but I am not sure I am going to bring it back to that dealer for repairs.

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Bought a new Ariens snow blower two years ago. Around $1000 all said and done. Way expensive and way overkill for my driveway not sure why I bought it. Worked good first season. To summarize I stabilized the fuel. fuel shut off OFF and ran it until it died. Drained the carb. Fogged it. Next season. Tried to start it. NOT starting. Changed plug, tried electric start. Nothing. Will start on starting fluid but die. Like its getting no fuel. I expected better for something made in USA and was ran with 91 no ethanol from genoa city since new. Took it to the dealer for warranty. Told them won't start its almost like the fuel cut off switch is not working. They blamed a dirty carb even after I told them how I summarized it. They said I must have had some old fuel left in the primer bulb. Yeah OK fix it. Ended up charging me $60 for a carb clean. Whatever its running again. But if I gotta do this shit every season with this new junk I will be pissed. I got leaf blowers, chain saws, and 40 year old snowmobiles that don't give a fuck about fuel or how I store them. I was not pleased. Ran great all winter. Come march when I tried to summarize it again I shut off the fuel and it just would not die. WTF. Almost as if they didn't fix the problem last time and somehow reversed the fuel cut off switch that was probably broken. Let it sit till October and took it back to the dealer. They replaced the fuel cut off switch under warranty. COOL. That was probably the issue before? Mid December came and I tried to start it. WONT START. I'm pissed because if I take it back to the dealer it will likely sit there for a month because of all the procrastinators that don't get their shit running before the first snow. Tried to start it around Christmas when we got snow and somehow started and has been running fine ever since.

I think this blower has a 5 year warranty but I am not sure I am going to bring it back to that dealer for repairs.

Damn im basically in the same boat. I have an Ariens delux 28 and did the same put away method and mine wouldnt start this season . Turned out an indi mechanic said the bowl had some jelly in it. Weird. Ran great and through super far an hour ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info