Snowblower & small engine maintenance and repair thread - brokeout of SNOW thread

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Okay, carb is the issue. Sprayed some starting fluid in it and it fired up for a quick second.
Just saw a video of how to take it completely apart and clean it. Will do that this week sometime.
They sell a cheap jet cleaning tool on Amazon that’s helped me with the little dirt bike carbs

Reactions: Shawn1112

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Okay, carb is the issue. Sprayed some starting fluid in it and it fired up for a quick second.
Just saw a video of how to take it completely apart and clean it. Will do that this week sometime.
amazon sells complete carbs cheaper than a rebuild kit, ive found.

double check that with your part number

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
amazon sells complete carbs cheaper than a rebuild kit, ive found.

double check that with your part number
The fucker is literally brand new. Ive fired it up once for like 20 minutes last year or the year before lol
I'll replace it if you say so, as they are cheap. But was going to clean the jets out and try that

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
The fucker is literally brand new. Ive fired it up once for like 20 minutes last year or the year before lol
I'll replace it if you say so, as they are cheap. But was going to clean the jets out and try that
Try cleaning first.

The problem isn't the carb, it's more the ethanol content of today's fuel... If you were able to get alcohol-free fuel for your small engines you would never really have a carb issue. Even after winter storage

Reactions: Shawn1112

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Having readily available access to ethanol free fuel is a blessing lol. I’ve started using the VP 50:1 premix in all of my small stuff as well. Stuff is awesome and have yet to have an issue with extended sitting.
I’ve used true fuel for years in all the 2stroke stuff, never winterize shit just put it in the shed and it fires right up next year, they make a 4stroke fuel in the can but it’s outrageous expensive compared to pump gas

Reactions: Outlaw

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Try cleaning first.

The problem isn't the carb, it's more the ethanol content of today's fuel... If you were able to get alcohol-free fuel for your small engines you would never really have a carb issue. Even after winter storage
Funny thing is this is the first time really ever having this issue, I run 93 in all my lawn/snow machines. End of season, I add stabilizer to existing gas and then run it out of fuel. Next season, it starts on 1st or 2nd pull.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I’ve used true fuel for years in all the 2stroke stuff, never winterize shit just put it in the shed and it fires right up next year, they make a 4stroke fuel in the can but it’s outrageous expensive compared to pump gas

Yeah they’re all the same I just get the VP for the smell lol.

My lawn boys I use AMSoil synthetic oil and 0 ethanol 91oct.

Reactions: 1quick

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Having readily available access to ethanol free fuel is a blessing lol. I’ve started using the VP 50:1 premix in all of my small stuff as well. Stuff is awesome and have yet to have an issue with extended sitting.
It's pump ready in DeKalb. It's all we run, bring you buckets lol

Reactions: Outlaw
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info