• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Snowblower question

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
So my building has a snowblower that nobody knew how to use. I rebuilt the carb since it was gummed up and it worked perfectly today for a long time. Then the auger just stops working on it.

I pulled the cover off to find the pulley for the auger covered in ice and the belt thrown off of it. What is puzzling me is the pulley is a 5 or 6 rib pulley. But the belt on this thing is 10 rib and the idler and the main drive seem to be perfectly sized for the 10 rib belt. The part number for this model even calls for a 10 rib belt. Is this normal? I have really only worked on single stage toros that are at least 15 years old and never saw them do this.

Snow blower part number: 536.885210
Belt part number.
Snowblower ground drive belt | 333721MA | SearsPartsDirect

Auger pulley with 6 ribs on the inside

Idler and main pulley

Sorry for the shitty pics.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I am honestly super confused at this point. The sears manual calls for a 10 rib belt. It then also gives a part number for the pulley which is 6 ribs. Found a place that will sell me a 10 rib belt then just need to bring it to the parents and soak it in ATF and hit it with the impact to get it off. Also need a new belt as I threw it back on and it shredded the belt finally after I got most of the drifts around our building done.

Can't wait to have my own house and have a proper old 2 stager that doesn't jam up like this thing tends to with the heavy stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Intel
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list