Smoked Brisket Tips and Links

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Since I never did an electric smoker brisket before, I am reviewing some videos. While doing so, I came across a couple videos I thought had some good info on smoking briskets. If you guys have tips/links, post them up. Not just for electric smokers but any brisket tips.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Hmmm. Beef tallow is the secret to a moist brisket? I'm going to trim my brisket tomorrow and render the tallow out of the trimmings to try this. Might as well use the trimmings rather than throw them out.

Making cracklin's and tallow.

Making tallow the easy way in your oven.

Amazon sells wagyu tallow for $30. I may try this sometime.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Harry Soo does some brisket comparisons on using tallow. He tries to replicate the tallow results from the video above and cuts nearly a dozen briskets in half to experiment with different tallow methods. I found parts 1-6 of 11 on youtube. Haven't found the other 5 yet. Here's part 1 which should give you links to part 2, etc.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Tried the tallow'd brisket phenomenon. Results certainly weren't bad, but nothing above and beyond my normal brisket. I normally do one brisket a month. Normally just on WSM, with mesquite, hickory or pecan. This last one I smoked and wrapped with tallow at initial wrap and also rest, (as did mad scientist bbq did) pretty much exactly to the T. Except on WSM instead of offset, still did pecan wood.

I will try this again for sure. If not for anything, Smoked tallow is now a wonderful ingredient i have on hand. This cook yielded like over 2 mason jars of brisket tallow.

Really no bash against him or his methods. In defense, my brisket seem to always do well, so this isnt a good baseline. I think briskets just plain taste good when done correctly.
20210530_001335.jpeg
20210530_001326.jpeg
20210529_235410.jpeg
20210529_203610.jpeg

Reactions: Jon01 and Flyn
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list