Smart watches. What are you using?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I have a Galaxy Watch...upgraded from a Fitbit blaze. This thing seems to track steps better than the blaze ever did.

Love being able to answer the phone on the watch. Helps when I'm working on something and I don't have to dig my phone out to take a call

I like the fact that I have alarms set on my phone for various events at work and a lot of them are when I am outside and bundled up... the alarm passes through to the watch and can be cancelled there too. One swipe with my nose ( :rollpicard::rollpicard: ) and alarm goes away...

Oh, and I found out that when wearing a bluetooth headset, if you swipe to answer on the watch, the whole system knows and routes the call through the headset instead of the watch.

It also helps when the phone inevitably dies when I have gone too long out of the day without a charge, I can also use the watch as a phone with it's own number.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If anyone cares I decided on the Fitbit Ionic. I bought a stainless band for it as well. $229 on Amazon and it'll do everything I want including golf gps and battery should be decent. Thank you everyone for your input.

Report back after a couple of weeks and share your thoughts please.
I still havenā€™t bought anything.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Been wearing this thing for a few days now. It was 100% charged on Monday and currently I'm at 47% I went to the local golf course to check out the GAME Golf app and it seems fairly accurate from the parking lot very excited to play in spring. The Fitbit wallet doesn't work with my bank yet so that's disappointing also no Google pay option. There is an app to log your booze drinks and it estimates your BAC, I'm going to see about borrowing some equipment to test it's accuracy. Having notifications sent to the watch and not checking my phone has been pretty awesome. I am still learning the features and tricks of the watch but so far I'm very happy with it. 1549559573651~2.jpeg

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I switched to a SUPCASE from Amazon, makes cleaning sweat a ton easier than the metal band. Watch is still awesome. Notifications are great and the fitness aspect has really helped motivate me to keep moving. Using the gps while bike riding has been pretty neat as well tracking speed and distance. 1554232853387~2.jpeg

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
Amazfit Bip. Not as fancy as the high end watches but its 80 bucks and sends me notifications, has a heart rate monitor, gps, etc. Plus supposed 30 day battery life but Ive only been seeing half that....but I get a ton of notifications during the day so that doesnt help.

https://us.amazfit.com/shop/bip?variant=336750

Question on this as I might grab it.

Can u set it for a daily weekday alarm? That only vibrates.

Is there a snooze button on the alarm as well?

I couldn't find much on it. I know obviously there is an alarm. But I really need to buzz every 10 minutes until I tell it to stop lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info