3800 small meet this weekend?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I sometimes head up there (75th & Lemont) in Woodridge/DG around midnight on Saturdays looking for quick races. On ClubGP I saw a thread that several people were from the area.

Anybody want to meet up and hang out on Saturday around midnight? Maybe bring some of the SRT friends or something. I'm itching to get out of the house, and I'm definately going to want to get out of the house Sat after visiting with my wife's family all day. :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Sep 28 2005, 10:09 AM
If it isnt too cold out I will bring the bike.
[snapback]99120[/snapback]​
70F is cold on a bike!

IF you bring the bike, my suggesstion:

I used to ride until it would get into the 30's out. A few tips to stay comfortable. Gauntlet gloves are a must. A non vented leather jacket, over a henly (sp?) shirt, over a t-shirt. Jeans can be cold, 50F or colder, long undies are good. The only other bad part is your neck. Just in case I kept a stocking cap with the top cut off under my seat. If it gets cold in your helmet/neck, slip it over your head onto your neck. It sounds weird, but it makes your ride way more fun if your comfortable, and not freezing your ass off.

Also, don't try any cornering acrobatics when it's 50-60F or less. Tires don't grip very well to cold pavement. You can still corner good, but I wouldn't do any knee dragging!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 28 2005, 01:24 PM
id go if my car wasnt screwed, gtps get no respect there though.
[snapback]99124[/snapback]​
not true , but anyways, ill see u up there me and voytec will pop up there and maybe even that kid mike with the silver gtp that was talking to you when i first meet u there, what time is this all going down

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info