• Surefire G2X Law enforcement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other listed below

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
currently for my EDC i use a Streamlight Stylus Pro. but for the firearm training i have this weekend, we are doing a low light shoot and they informed me that my edc light wouldn't be sufficient. to top it off, i do not have a holster intended for a light for my duty glock 17.

so...

which light should i pick up? im needing to be able to order it via amazon prime in order to have it in time and im not trying to spend a million doll hairs. have it narrowed down to these two (but still open to suggestions i suppose) but im thinking the 750 lumens might be to much for some situations (searching cars and such) but at the same time, i feel the 400 lumens of the surefire might not be bright enough for outside use.

I have looked up reviews for a shit ton of lights and pictures of dark performance, just looking for your guy's first hand experiences.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RB82CS/?tag=tcg2007-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U855UPM/?tag=tcg2007-20

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly rarely use the 1000 lumen mode. It's really easy to cycle between modes, so strobe doesn't bother me either. I think the PD35 is easily my fav torch in my flashlight loving inventory.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fenix pd35
This. I only have the 940 or 960 lumen one, I cant remember. I barely ever use turbo mode though.

The rechargable 18650 battery is what really made me get that over the streamlight variant, even though I also have a stylus pro and love it.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't get stream light or surefire. Order online, most stores won't carry decent ones with quality LEDs.

Get a rechargeable 18650 flashlight.

The Fenix eagle mentioned is good.

Nitecore is ok.

Olight is a good brand. The S series is nice and are rechargeable without removing the battery.

Convoy S2/S2+ and BLF A6 are really good cheap 18650 flashlights with good quality LEDs in them. I have both and both are excellent. I like the BLF more. Easily comparable to the Fenix but cheaper.

This one may not work for a gun situation depending on how you hold it but this is an awesome headlamp/flashlight: Skilhunt H02

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I've got a Nitecore 960 Lumen I've had for years. Most likely, it is too bright for your application. I can shine it down the street and hit houses several hundred feet away. Especially on duty, if you shine the light in someones face, it will hurt, lol.

Nitecore has been great as the lamp failed, I paid a small shipping fee, sent it in for a total overhaul at no extra cost. Came back like new and couldn't be happier.

I have the following flashlight with 4 batteries total:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0N04BM/?tag=tcg2007-20

Solid construction, super bright an the batteries last a while. The lamp area does get HOT, not just warm.

Came with a holster style case as well.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me, I need to pick up a charger for my olight

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's the triangular rounded off one, that you put the olight ontop of. I was just gonna grab a charger for $9 off amazon :rofl:
Yeah I might have it unless you don't want to wait lol. I just have to look for it.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Paying attention, as I am rocking the Stylus Pro too. Interesting to see what your opinions are after the purchase.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
fuck it, ordered the fd35. as long as it is easy to change functions easily ill be okay. also it says it remembers the last function used, so i could just put it on the 500L outdoor function and leave it there. iv'e been wanting to pick up a better flashlight, although i love my stylus pro for edc, sometimes i just need more light than the stylus offers.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
You guys may laugh at this, but I got for Christmas a year or two ago, one of those Atomic Beam mini-lights with the adjustable focus and I got to say, I've been very pleasantly surprised. I thought it was a POS when seeing it on TV and stuff, but I use it around the house all the time.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i have a couple surefire defender ones, i like that the bezel is made for driving into soft skin if you really had to. i've done some walking down the street at 3am wearing my laptop walks before and had it ready in my hand. pre-scooter me in thailand walking home after work basically.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe not for professional use, but some might be interested. I have a few of these. One in each car, a couple in the house, and a couple in my bags. For EDC they are perfect. I will say they are not 2000 lumens like they state. But they are bright! For $12 you can damage and break one with out crying about a $60-$200 flashlight. I will say the two I bought this year are not as bright as the ones I bought in 2014. The ones from 2014 are about as bright as my Fenix pd35. But still compact, cheap and very bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRAZ7VA/?tag=tcg2007-20

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe not for professional use, but some might be interested. I have a few of these. One in each car, a couple in the house, and a couple in my bags. For EDC they are perfect. I will say they are not 2000 lumens like they state. But they are bright! For $12 you can damage and break one with out crying about a $60-$200 flashlight. I will say the two I bought this year are not as bright as the ones I bought in 2014. The ones from 2014 are about as bright as my Fenix pd35. But still compact, cheap and very bright.

I have a couple like these in various backpacks as backups. Still love carrying my PD35 though.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I literally closed my PD35 in the tailgate of my F350 on a vacation one year. Hardly damaged it at all, purely cosmetic. That thing is a tank.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score

i bought one of those a couple of years ago, i think it's a piece of shit. but it is the flashlight i keep in my car glovebox.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]

Is it me, or is the PD35 identical to several Nitecore flashlights?

Who is the actual manufacturer?

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
I literally closed my PD35 in the tailgate of my F350 on a vacation one year. Hardly damaged it at all, purely cosmetic. That thing is a tank.
I havent done anything like that, but multiple drops and wear over time just gives it the nice Maguyver look.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]

Is it me, or is the PD35 identical to several Nitecore flashlights?

Who is the actual manufacturer?
Yeah there are a few that look very similar but Fenix does make the PD35. Nitecore and Fenix tend to copy each other and use slightly different internal parts.(Different Emitters/LEDS, Different modes, Different reflectors)

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
tcg never surprises me with what everyone knows too much about :rofl: love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom