3800 slp headers

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I slipped the rear header in from the bottom. I didnt have to struggle at all. In fact it surpised me how easy it went in. The trick is to just jack the front of the car up high enough. I drove the car up on ramps, then found some beefy blocks of wood to set my floor jack on to have the nesasary reach to jack the car up further. Then I used blocks of wood under jack stands to hold it up. The front tires never left the ramps so I felt safe. The rear bumper came close to touching the ground, so if you are lowered, put a 2x4 under the rear tires.

This method sounds ghetto (with all the wood you need :)) but you need the height due to the attached downpipe. Or you can dig a hole thru your garage floor....what ever works for you......

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
we got it in tonight.

I don't know how or why...but me and another guy pulled the motor forward and he slid it right down and in. took literally 5 seconds to get it in place.

we just had the car sitting on level ground....

so bizarre after all the troubles there was with fishs....i was thinking it was gonna be horrible but it wasn't

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info