• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

slp headers

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
is there any cool trick way to get the rear header in there. I messed with it last night for a while and got it so close but the flex won't flex enuf.
how did some of you go about geting this header in.

Thanks,
Brett

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
thats what I was about to do last night

Brett

Glasuan

Reaction score
I have heard of quite a few people using the rubber mallet technique. Its a real PITA to get those on.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Piece of wood and a hammer. Also jack up the front end and have someone on the bottom pulling the DP down as well.

sgtp

Reaction score
I slipped the rear header in from the bottom. I didnt have to struggle at all. In fact it surpised me how easy it went in. The trick is to just jack the front of the car up high enough. I drove the car up on ramps, then found some beefy blocks of wood to set my floor jack on to have the nesasary reach to jack the car up further. Then I used blocks of wood under jack stands to hold it up. The front tires never left the ramps so I felt safe. The rear bumper came close to touching the ground, so if you are lowered, put a 2x4 under the rear tires.

This method sounds ghetto (with all the wood you need :)) but you need the height due to the attached downpipe. Or you can dig a hole thru your garage floor....what ever works for you......

dole21

Reaction score
we got it in tonight.

I don't know how or why...but me and another guy pulled the motor forward and he slid it right down and in. took literally 5 seconds to get it in place.

we just had the car sitting on level ground....

so bizarre after all the troubles there was with fishs....i was thinking it was gonna be horrible but it wasn't

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
we got them all in and bolted up slp headers are a lot cooler now that they are on my car rather than in the box or stuck in my engine bay.

Thanks for the help
Brett

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom