Slow cooker/Crock Pot recipes

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yep, I have done tenderloin in the crockpot, it sucks, they dry out. Much better on the grill or in the oven. Pork chops or a pork shoulder are a better choice

Make sure the crock pot temp. is on low and don't overcook. Searing the meat also helps seal in the juices. I sear all outside surfaces and then pour the sauce over the top.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Wife just text dinner.... Food...
And, she bought more beer. Winning
tesy5egy.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
No pics but the sloppy joes I made were a success. I caramelized a diced red pepper and diced onion and set the stuff aside to re-use the pan for browning the hamburger. Dumped it all in the crock pot along with tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar and spices. Let it cook on low for around 6 hours. Not too sweet and great complexity in the flavor due to the caramelization of the veggies and browning of the meat.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
how long you plan to leave it? ive cooked a few pork roast on low for 8-10 hours I do normally flip them once half way through, if you put a small piece of meat in there it will burn the shit out of it, it needs to fill that bitch up like half way so plenty of juice keeps the meat from burning

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info