SleeperLS's Maverick X3 XDS Max

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I like that this thread got bumped. I have a partial update for it and some more stuff to post up soon.

I decided to get my suspension re-worked and tuned up this season. There is an awesome company out in Phoenix called Shock Therapy that re-valves these and puts on new springs specific for the car weight and driving style. I took everything off and apart this last weekend and cleaned up the shocks. They work on them next week and will be headed back my way Thursday.

They are known for their racing pedigree and tuning abilities, so I am excited to get this thing set up as good as it can get. Next year will be power upgrades and some other random stuff. Modding these vehicles is just as expensive as a car unfortunately, so progress will be slow and steady. 20190422_095734.jpeg20190422_095721.jpeg20190422_123926.jpeg20190422_123931.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I thought about one of those. The next helmet I get is probably going to be one of these dual sport modular helmets. They look awesome.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/riding-gear/scorpion-exo-at950-neocon-helmet-p?c=173

well that's prettttty neat.

This first "trip" we are going on is mainly in my mind- and it's basically old railroad grade. Later it'll be faster more technical shit, and then end of summer to Wyoming.

You are doing it right my man! Jealous of the area you are living in that allows you to do this!

Get one bruh, you got a truck, snag a trailer, plenty of places to go!

Here is a riding picture from last weekend before I took off the shocks. Lunch spot in the shade. View attachment 39252

looks awesome.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like that this thread got bumped. I have a partial update for it and some more stuff to post up soon.

I decided to get my suspension re-worked and tuned up this season. There is an awesome company out in Phoenix called Shock Therapy that re-valves these and puts on new springs specific for the car weight and driving style. I took everything off and apart this last weekend and cleaned up the shocks. They work on them next week and will be headed back my way Thursday.

They are known for their racing pedigree and tuning abilities, so I am excited to get this thing set up as good as it can get. Next year will be power upgrades and some other random stuff. Modding these vehicles is just as expensive as a car unfortunately, so progress will be slow and steady.

That's awesome.

Looks like such an animal. My hood would be more annoyed with me if i was ripping your kind around I feel :rofl: how I do mine as if it were a golf cart.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
well that's prettttty neat.

This first "trip" we are going on is mainly in my mind- and it's basically old railroad grade. Later it'll be faster more technical shit, and then end of summer to Wyoming.

Where at in Wyoming? I want to hit up Moab later this summer if possible, but Wyoming also has some unreal spots.

That's awesome.

Looks like such an animal. My hood would be more annoyed with me if i was ripping your kind around I feel :rofl: how I do mine as if it were a golf cart.
:rofl: cue the old lady yelling at you to slow down. I get nervous I am pissing off my neighbors when I drive it down the road to the mail boxes. Thankfully it isn't loud.. yet.

[MENTION=702]SleeperLS[/MENTION] what all do you keep in it for when you go bajajahajaing?

tool kit, first aid kit, tire plugs, inflator, flashlights, basic preparedness shit, anything particular im forgetting?

I have my spare tire, high lift utv Jack, bunch of water, first aid kit, tire plugs and small electic tire inflator, extra hats and sunscreen, lighter, extra drive belt, basic tools to change a tire or belt, tow rope, and GPS. That is basically it, mainly just emergency stuff.

PRP is the company I use for storage solutions. Their door bags seem like thick good quality stuff. Big zippers.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Where at in Wyoming? I want to hit up Moab later this summer if possible, but Wyoming also has some unreal spots.

:rofl: cue the old lady yelling at you to slow down. I get nervous I am pissing off my neighbors when I drive it down the road to the mail boxes. Thankfully it isn't loud.. yet.

I have my spare tire, high lift utv Jack, bunch of water, first aid kit, tire plugs and small electic tire inflator, extra hats and sunscreen, lighter, extra drive belt, basic tools to change a tire or belt, tow rope, and GPS. That is basically it, mainly just emergency stuff.

PRP is the company I use for storage solutions. Their door bags seem like thick good quality stuff. Big zippers.

So apparently there's a pretty solid trail system in the Tetons where you can overnight to a lodge/cabins. So you ditch your truck trailer one place, then blast on to the lodge, then come back around the other way back to your truck/trailer.

I'm lucky in my hood since it's plenty hillbilly- there are kids on dirtbikes and quads like CRAZY and they drive them wide open down lots of the streets :rofl:

I wish I could make my sxs quieter... no one else seems to share that mission though with me.

Have you had to replace a belt yet? Spare belt is something I for sure need to have with. At least it seems like it should be easier to change a belt on a sxs in the spring/summer than a belt in the middle of the forest on a sled in the winter.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
These PRP bags look nice.

Do you have storage under your seats and other places in your X3?

There is definitely room to put a storage bag under there. I just don't have an actual bag to put under there. I need to get one though.

Funniest thing about the general i have is it's basically the red headed step child from polaris...

everyone makes shit for rzrs & rangers, but not everyone makes shit for generals... and generals are mechanically similar to rzrs with cages and bed shit similar to rangers. :rofl:

Damnit. Are any parts interchangeable?

So apparently there's a pretty solid trail system in the Tetons where you can overnight to a lodge/cabins. So you ditch your truck trailer one place, then blast on to the lodge, then come back around the other way back to your truck/trailer.

I'm lucky in my hood since it's plenty hillbilly- there are kids on dirtbikes and quads like CRAZY and they drive them wide open down lots of the streets :rofl:

I wish I could make my sxs quieter... no one else seems to share that mission though with me.

Have you had to replace a belt yet? Spare belt is something I for sure need to have with. At least it seems like it should be easier to change a belt on a sxs in the spring/summer than a belt in the middle of the forest on a sled in the winter.

That sounds amazing. I want to go to the Tetons now over Moab.

I know how to make your SXS quieter...TURBO

Thankfully I haven't had to replace a belt yet. If it makes it this season then I will change it out for a new one this winter. I put a transmission seal protection plate on behind my secondary clutch to keep a broken belt from ruining the seal. Belt changes are extremely simple on these, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There is definitely room to put a storage bag under there. I just don't have an actual bag to put under there. I need to get one though.

Damnit. Are any parts interchangeable?

That sounds amazing. I want to go to the Tetons now over Moab.

I know how to make your SXS quieter...TURBO

Thankfully I haven't had to replace a belt yet. If it makes it this season then I will change it out for a new one this winter. I put a transmission seal protection plate on behind my secondary clutch to keep a broken belt from ruining the seal. Belt changes are extremely simple on these, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I had 0 idea until I went to install turn signal kit- but there are under seat storage bins under each seat in my general- i figure i'll keep less accessed stuff in those because you have to pull the seat out (without tools at least) to access it.

Seems like suspension and motor parts are interchangeable to rzrs, ranger cage stuff fits because my cage is ghetto. The can am stuff is just higher fit and finish. my cage looks like they had some square tubing leftover and ran out of gas mid weld.

turbo:rofl:

The one thing enticing about the honduhs is no belt and an automotive style trans with a torque converter... im glad to hear the changes are simple. doing em in sleds isn't my favorite. likely from the conditions you have to do that in.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
people on IG swing from the arctic cat/textron stuff, id be interested to check those out in person.

going to bass pro to buy one wasn't high on my list of activities though.

Check out sxs blog if you haven't. They have a ton of machines and know a good bit about the market. They bought a wildcat xx, even though they had not had a good prior experience with one...blew the engine a couple months into ownership. I doubt I would buy a textron product

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Doing some work this weekend. The next step on upgrading the suspension will be here tomorrow. Today, It was gusset kit day which made all of the front suspension mounting points beefed up and double shear. The kit was from CT Race Worx...really high quality stuff.

I had to take the front end apart, and to my surprise this thing is pretty easy to work on. Maybe 45 minutes to get everything unbolted. On to the pictures.

Timeline goes from taking the plastics off to getting everything out of the way. Then the stock thin stamped plates out.20190505_141217.jpeg20190505_142734.jpeg20190505_153432.jpeg20190505_175802.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
After going to AZ on vaca I can't imagine why anyone would like there and not own a SxS. Unfortunately due to rain and my wife being sick when we were in Sedona I wasn't able to rent on but I want to go back. I'm jealous.

I completely agree with that. Sedona is on my list of places to go this year and ride. I think it is around a 6 hour drive from here, which is definitely doable over a weekend.

Thread Info