SleeperLS's Maverick X3 XDS Max

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Ordered some goodies yesterday for this new set up. Got a P3 trailer brake controller for the electric trailer brake I didn't know about until I read the manual, a different lock for the trailer, and a set of PRP 5 point harnesses for the two front seats(will get the rear two later). I will do a write up on the harness install next weekend.

Put 50 miles on this so far and it is amazing. Been riding out in the mountains, and I can't wait to take it to the desert to open her up. Going riding for a while tomorrow, hoping to put another 50 miles on her. This machine is extremely long, but it doesn't feel it at all. It is very stable and nimble. A lot of the cons I have read about on this are just people being picky IMO. Only reasonable point could be about the turning radius, which isn't that great but not a huge issue as of yet. The ride height and suspension travel are mind blowing in this rocky terrain out here.

b7420b0e9f186fa84be9a0cd9084b696.jpg

f79623bcef2e8db0e30544a98673bec4.jpg

60e2f589147c1d4702bf50cacdcecc9c.jpg

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
very likely just as impatient lol, but the list of stuff that needs to be done keeps me in check. Like painting and fixing a ton of drywall joints where you can see the tape (house built in 08 and only one room (2 yr olds) has been painted outside of how the house was turned over from the builder :rofl:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
i dont understand how a sidebyside can be so fucking gigantic.

Prolly worse turning radius that a mega cab dodge :rofl:

Going to highly doubt that one. Bigger has its advantages for sure. It is way more stable than my buddies 2 seat RZR. I climbed up some extremely steep rock steps the other day without any drama or bottoming out. It's size isn't exactly an issue, but it has clearly shown its advantages in the type of riding it is supposed to be the weakest in. As soon as I get it to the desert, this thing will demolish all things smaller in every aspect.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I always hated having to clean the Scrambler because mud just gets fucking everywhere in places you can't reach. I can't imagine a fucking SxS. :rofl:

I am not looking forward to it at all. I borrowed my buddies pressure washer, so that and some beers tonight should tie me up for a while. I just hope it isn't the concrete type of mud when it dries.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Not BRP OEM product, warranty void.

Haha, wouldn't doubt it. I was planning on the can am 4 point harnesses, but they use a car style buckle and I had read too many stories about guys getting stuck in their shit upside down and unable to unbuckle themselves until they were pushed right side up or someone had to lift them up to relieve the pressure off the buckle and then unbuckle the harness.

This style is the safest/most comfortable that I could find. 3" lap belt and a 2" shoulder strap with the grip it and rip it release. I do not plan to flip this thing and need to try the release out, but I tend to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Thread Info