🔧 BUILD SleeperLS's 03 C5 Corvette

General Information

I will keep it short. 03 spiral gray metallic vette, 39k miles, fully loaded for the year minus a cd player. Dual roofs, memory and fully adjustable seats, power telescoping wheel, stick shift, f55 mag ride, bone stock, southwest car its entire life.

It took me a long time to find this car within a days drive of me. It is optioned exactly how I want. Overall in good shape, some rock chips and scuffs on the interior but solid mechanically overall. Seats and carpet need a good cleaning as well. Steering colum and abs module already fixed. Already ordered an MGW shifter and a couple other small random things.

20200428_114128.jpg

20200428_111112.jpg

20200428_110930.jpg

20200428_110838.jpg

20200428_110812.jpg

20200428_110825.jpg

20200428_110632.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
A bunch of good stuff going on. Changed the differential, transmission, and engine oils today. Also in the process of installing C6 Z06 shocks. I got the rear done today, but had to order an additional bushing for each front that should be here Friday. Cleaned the MAF and plugged it back in.

Also bought some new pads and rotors to freshen things up. Dropped my wheels and new tires off at a repair/powder coat shop today and those should be done Friday.

plans to paint the calipers black and flush the brake fluid. Also going to change the clutch fluid. I am probably missing some things but I will keep it updated. Hoping to have her roadworthy by the end of the weekend.

The old shocks are garbage, they wouldn’t even rebound after I compressed them to remove them. looking forward to some ride quality.

52E73274-6419-4C79-837A-0DEE1E87245D.jpeg

4B2A236D-EDAF-48B2-BEAF-26F892B8D9C0.jpeg

665B9AE9-0DF2-4C03-A9E5-3EE3083025A1.jpeg

6812D8B6-08A3-4DC4-BEEC-4A114E8CF267.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Wheels look great what did they charge you to repair and powder coat if u don’t mind answering.
For basic repair, powder coat, removing old tires then getting rid of them and mounting/balancing the new tires,painting the valve stem caps, center caps, weights and valve stems it was $650. They found one wheel out of spec and charged an additional $100 to get it back to true. So $750 for everything.

I am not really sure how much it normally cost, but they gave me a deal from what it would have been because I was paying cash. I was happy they were willing to appease my OCD and make everything black including the balancing weights. Took them two days and the guys called every day to keep me up to date. Solid experience overall.

Reactions: dpwalsh14

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am hoping this weekend I will get her back on the road. It is going to be 75* and sunny.

update is that the diff fluid, trans fluid, engine oils are all changed. Brake fluid changed and flushed. C6Z06 shocks are in and happy. Wheels are ceramic coated. I will do my best to change the clutch fluid when I get her down on the ground. I am currently painting the calipers gloss black with that g2 paint kit.

tomorrow around 2 I will be able to re assemble the brakes and mount everything up then take it for a test drive.

also, whoever did the brakes before me put red locktite on the bolts and will have karma come their way...fuckers

as the paint is drying today I am going to wrap all the lights in the smoked vinyl film I bought from Rvinyl. Tints hopefully next week.

597FD4FF-0173-4F87-9D58-B2C10D192D0D.jpeg

DA150904-16CD-411F-B6F5-D821B26BC770.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Red loctite?!?! Christ almighty ?

Looking great Andy!
It took me forever to get the first bolt out and then I saw the red threads on the bolt. My first reaction was “that mother fucker”.

Calipers came out looking good with a few more coats of paint from the original picture. Really, this is a temporary aesthetic mod until I upgrade the brakes and wheels down the road.

wrapping the lights was kind of a pain in the ass. I am somewhat pleased with how they came out. The raised lettering on every light didn’t leave a perfect result, but from 5 feet she looks good enough. If they don’t hold up, then I will just have them painted down the road. Pics of everything going up tomorrow.

Reactions: greasy

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It took me forever to get the first bolt out and then I saw the red threads on the bolt. My first reaction was “that mother fucker”.

Calipers came out looking good with a few more coats of paint from the original picture. Really, this is a temporary aesthetic mod until I upgrade the brakes and wheels down the road.

wrapping the lights was kind of a pain in the ass. I am somewhat pleased with how they came out. The raised lettering on every light didn’t leave a perfect result, but from 5 feet she looks good enough. If they don’t hold up, then I will just have them painted down the road. Pics of everything going up tomorrow.

I’ve tried wrapping lights in the past it’s not easy and I just end up having them painted.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

A torch/heat will crack red locktite loose easily. I deal with it a ton at work on small pieces of aluminum. Hold a torch on it for a few seconds and it easily breaks free.

Thread Info