INTRO sketchy turbo v6

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
I didn't get a damn thing done this weekend other than house work and hanging out with the kids. I wanna get this thing goin again but I've kinda burned myself out at the moment. And trying to get my ambition back for it.

Starting a new full-time job in the morning keeping a fleet of vans moving in a nice newer shop so that might help if I'm out at the u pull it yard lookin for parts and come across somethin else I want lol. Seems a pretty perfect fit and it'll allow me to be flexible with my kids and to be able to still work my own shop on the side. Mostly it means I get to hang out doin brakes and tires on a fleet instead of fighting the cold ass winter weather in a half thawed puddle of cowshit fighting tractor tires and for that I'm actually pretty stoked

Reaction score
Finally got to where i could work on her some today. I think I've got most everything unhooked and the harness pulled off so I'm hoping to have the k dropped out tonight. I won't make street car night but that's OK. I'd rather take my time on it and I keep finding more and more stuff I wanna go through and do better when it goes back together. Kind of excited to get it all dropped out and get moving on it again I think a few changes I plan on making are gonna make it even more fun to drive than it already was
Do work son

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
It was a hell of a good time for a lil while. That one definitely needs an extra pump in the tank when it goes back together but there wasn't much of a damn given until the windshield got coated in oil.

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
I also haven't done any tuning on the ls car. That's all being done at another shop they just wanted to put a number down. I'm gonna say it's a fair 700hp car but we couldn't keep traction on the rollers. That's something I'm definitely going to have to get figured out one of these days

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
At any rate I believe we already have another ls dug up for that car and im more concerned about gettin mine back together when I get time. Between the full time job that I'm liking alot so far, doin the single dad thing, evening dyno runs and just gettin done with tires for the night to get some stuff off my parking lot in the morning I've barely had time to even look at this thing. Bein busy is a good thing tho and thankfully I'm finally feeling like myself again so I'm sure as soon as I get a break I'll have this thing popped out and once that k is down I'll probably be bangin on it every chance I get to get my shop space back and feel that sweet pull of boost again

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
Alright guys I was gonna try and get stuff powerwashed and make some more progress today but ended up screwing around with the kids instead enjoying the warm weather before it's gone.

I'm lookin at this tiny t5 wondering how its lasted this long and fighting myself on the 60e swap but for now I think I'm just going to stick a new clutch in it since I have one here and send it until it's done. I think the easiest way is going to be finding a harness and trans file from an auto car with a cable throttle body and going from there rather than messing with pinning the trans wires or tps and iac into the dbw harness and having to take the pedal throttle body and most likely even interior wiring from the one I have. Not that I don't think I can do it but at least for the time being I don't wanna mess with with headache unless I don't have another option and the 5 speed will be more fun to drive at least until it dies even if it isn't ideal to launch with.

The other thing I'm digging into at the moment is bleeding the abs system when I put this thing back in. Not sure if my cheaper scantool has abs functions on it but I'm fairly sure the snap on I have access to at work should be able to handle it? Seems easier and safer to just leave it there than it would be to mess with cutting lines and messing with a proportion valve and such and brakes are definitely somethin I'd like to have lol.

Otherwise it looks pretty straightforward. Swap the pan, flywheel and other rear wheel drive stuff onto the front wheel drive block and toss it back in yeah?

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
Also I'm glad I picked the new motor up. There was alot of sparkles in the oil in this bottom end that makes me rather skeptical about rebuilding it and at this point seeing its not probably even the original k member I'm wondering if the flattened pushrod tips were more from wear than excessive boost. I guess maybe I have a decent block down the road i could take to the machine shop and throw some l67 or forged parts in? But I don't think just slapping a piston in it would've probably ended all that well.

Hopefully this lesabre motor is in better shape

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're at least getting somewhere, mine's in the driveway waiting for a new address first which means its unlikely to have anything happen to it this year. It sounds like your car took a hit at some point and you're finding that out via pulling it apart. Also sounds like you may chase some ghosts out of it with the new bullet.

OP
sktchy3.8

sktchy3.8

fng
Reaction score
It helps when I've got a couple experienced friends that work at a legit speed shop that came over to help me pull it so I didn't squish myself and now that I have a real shop in town with a lift and proper equipment to work in my garage is now dedicated to all this nonsense so it doesn't really matter if it looks like a bomb went off in there or if it sits like that for a week lol. Really happy with the moves I've made lately other than I took most of my good tools to work and I need to get things cleaned up and organized in here again after tearing this thing apart cuz I get tired of lookin for shit lol

• :)
  • :angrys00ls:
  • ;)
  • :bowdown:
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :confused:
  • :cool:
  • :p
  • :D
  • :eek:
  • :oops: