Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
True. I'll likely start going through threads in my spare time. Gonna suck when someone adds an update tho, b/c I'm going to have to make sure I read every single thread. Which I normally try but but doesnt always happen.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
finally got around to looking at this feature. Slick, like bringing back Frames from old HTML using links to update them without refreshing the whole page :rofl:

this is also good for my conspiracy threads, I can chapter my additions on the front.

giphy.gif

only downside like you mentioned, you need to remember to do it or go back and edit everything. Can we add a chapter button like we do for IMG, QUOTE, and SPOILER?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
finally got around to looking at this feature. Slick, like bringing back Frames from old HTML using links to update them without refreshing the whole page :rofl:

this is also good for my conspiracy threads, I can chapter my additions on the front.

giphy.gif

only downside like you mentioned, you need to remember to do it or go back and edit everything. Can we add a chapter button like we do for IMG, QUOTE, and SPOILER?
Yes................but only if I update the site to a new version of Xen :rofl:. Which I should do anyway.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its very easy...the instructions in the first post lay it out. You simply modify the first post using the chapter BB codes. I can make a video like I did with the image uploader.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought making something new would be easier :dunno:

Most of my pics are fucked because of photobucket anyways
Ahhhh, I gotcha.

Wasn't there a way to make PB links work again? I need to research.

I can nuke a thread if you want. The Tahoe thread?

I'll make a vid showing how to do chapters today or tomorrow. It's really easy once you see it in action.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Link me to everything you want combined.

1st 2016 thread.

2nd 2018 thread.

Ill add the Blue 2020 PP1 after since its current car but doesnt have a thread.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1st 2016 thread.

2nd 2018 thread.

Ill add the Blue 2020 PP1 after since its current car but doesnt have a thread.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!
Done

Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Done

Thank you. Ill do my part and watch the chapter vid you posted so i can divide this up like a book.

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I've already edited my first post. greasy greasy, are you actually using this feature?

All that is needed is to go to the first post and nuke everything that wasn't originally there, done and done.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Only my first chapter works. :(

EDIT: Okay, after watching the video again, I understand that this doesn't work the way I thought it would. I got my second chapter working though! Now to go through 66 pages of the build. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info