[Site Decision] Do we get rid of the Ford and GM sections?

Merge GM and Ford section to Auto Discussions?

• Yes

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I'm more super annoyed by the spacing of the threads. If it has an icon it's bigger, no icon it's smaller.

----------
Text
----------
Icon/Text

----------
Icon/text

----------
Text
----------

Like that. I think my ocd is kicking in :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I can shrink em down a bit more. I mean using the prefix is going to draw the eye to those threads, which is something you would want I feel. Let me shrink em a bit more.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Cleared and they're still the same icons. The more I look at it, it's not the icon size, I think those are decent (could be a little smaller, but you're doing that). It most definitely is the line spacing for icon and no icon threads clashing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Something that is annoying me, however...is youre supposed to be able to click a prefix icon and it will show you ALL threads w/ that prefix. Its not doing it for me.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
The icons don't do anything for me either, it looks like when you hover over it, it shows the prefix name, but it's not clickable. Is there a setting to turn on a hyperlink/search function for the icons?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I do not find the icons aesthetically pleasing. I think it looks more cluttered.

I do like the text with [Movie News], [TV Show] and so on.

I'll continue to tweak. Part of the reason why this isnt rolling out site wide.

The icons don't do anything for me either, it looks like when you hover over it, it shows the prefix name, but it's not clickable. Is there a setting to turn on a hyperlink/search function for the icons?

Shouldnt be. Researching.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You shouldnt have to do a normal search. You should be able to just click a prefix icon and the forum will then show ALL threads tagged.

It skips the step of having to enter the search page.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
So basically when you click on the icon for ford it should come back as you searched > Advanced Search > Prefix > Ford

TCG - Search Results

You shouldnt have to do a normal search. You should be able to just click a prefix icon and the forum will then show ALL threads tagged.

It skips the step of having to enter the search page.

:werd:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You can turn on thread prefix in tapatalk to show up elsewhere. Go to settings, prefix display and set to both. Booya.

[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]

da6cc4e901312899dc39221eee33a6bc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info