Sirius/XM How to get a better deal?

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
So one of our cars has Sirius and it expired today...the other (XM) will be expiring in couple of months. I looked into getting the select package as we only really listen to maybe 3 stations at most, but the traffic is a nice feature.

Anyway, best price I was given per year was just over $400 for both cars. Definitely doesn't seem worth it at all. If I could get Iheartradio in my car, the only thing I'd be missing is traffic, but not possible without going through my phone.

Just curious what you guys are paying.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Hold off and they will send you offers via email and standard mail.
Usually within a month of it being shut off.
Offer should be like $30 for 6 months. I have been doing that for a few years.
Pay by check, otherwise if you give a debt card or credit card they will charge you full amount after 6 months.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Call in and cancel the subscription. They will offer you a better price. They offered me 6 months for $40. They will also mail you some good offers if you can hold off.

Be ready for a 30 min phone when you call XM..

I actually just called in and cancelled on Tuesday.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Hold off and they will send you offers via email and standard mail.
Usually within a month of it being shut off.
Offer should be like $30 for 6 months. I have been doing that for a few years.
Pay by check, otherwise if you give a debt card or credit card they will charge you full amount after 6 months.

:werd:

Got the 3 free months when I bought my Raptor. I've gotten at least 2 or 3 mailings from them a month about renewing before my free trial ends.

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
It's for the SS which still has a few moths of trial left. My wife's Explorer expired today. $30 for 6 mo's is great, but after 6 months it goes up to about $37 for 1 car per month after taxes. I'll give that a try if nothing else and see what happens after that 6 months is up.

I don't want to use my phone to stream Iheartradio, otherwise that would work out fine for me.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
As above, call and tell them you're cancelling because it's too expensive. They will offer you something along the lines of $99 for 1yr (roughly $8/mo) say no, too expensive, is there anything cheaper? I hear you have a $30 6 month promo. They will give you that. $5/mo been doing it past 3 years.

dpwalsh14

Jan 12, 2017
This is from 2016 but the process is still the same.

How To Get The Best Deal on Sirius XM

How To Get The Best Sirius XM Deal:
STEP ONE: Dial and call 1-888-601-6302, then ask to be transferred the Sirius XM’s retention department.

STEP TWO: Tell the CSR: “My service is ending soon and is increasing in price as soon and I feel like I’m not utilizing the service enough to match the price that I am paying each month”

STEP THREE: After agreeing to keep the service, listen to offers but do not accept the first offers. The current three offers: The first offer is $99 for 12 months plus taxes/fees which is the equivalent to $8.25/month, then $49.97 for 6 months which is $7.99/month, and finally the CSR offers 5 months of service for a price of $25 plus taxes and fees. CSR will offer it separately, so you must be patient and wait for the best deal.

STEP FOUR: The agent read some terms and conditions along with some disclosures, then simply accept the best offer and enjoy your discounted, money saving Sirius XM subscription!

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
My buddy got a lifelong membership when they were a new company. He paid what I thought was a crazy amount back then...like just under $400. They've recently amended their policies and have been charging him taxes and other minor fees. I almost went with the deal when he did, but was worried they'd go down the same road as Voom for those of you that have heard of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info